Maximum temperature?

Hmmmmmmmmm... I'm running an i7-2600k. Corsair H50 cooler w/ a second 120mm fan, Antec 600 case with the fans reconfigured for air flow back to front and bottom to top.

Idle is about 30c and in game (mostly single core) run about 45-49C. I am OC'd to 4.4...

The hottest I've ever seen it is about 51c, that was gaming with the ambient temp at about 80F.

Does that work for you?

CloudS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a method to use only 1 core while gaming or something like that?

You have any idea about the temps for a laptop?

No method for single core... it is software driven.

Most applications do not take advantage of the multi core/threaded CPU's very well.

Games (until some very new ones) are no different.

I play World of Tanks (uses single core/thread), Badlands (same), Portal (same), Team Fortress(same), BF3 beta (same), Battlefield F2P (same), and Bulletstorm (true multicore/threaded).

Laptops will run hotter due to tighter spaces and reduced airflow. Use a active Laptop cooler pad to keep temps down.

If it is not OC'd it will not run as hot either. When I run this @ stock it runs at abot 20c to 25c in game.

CloudS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

I was looking how exactly the air flow works in a laptop, but search didn't gave any good results.

Is it that the laptop takes air from the bottom and blows away the hot air from the vents which are usually on the left side of the laptop? I have sometimes noticed, the bottom is almost cool but the vent on the left gets hot.

BF series are all multi core aware and will use what they can get hold of.

Correct.

CPU is good to mid 80's not ideal but not dangerous. Mid 60's - 70's is ok.