Fitting ssd to gigabyte z77x-d3h

Hi, My new motherbourd has a connection place for SSD. How do you fit the SSD to this socket and how is it retained?
5 answers Last reply
More about fitting gigabyte z77x
  1. Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

If you're referring to the 'mSATA' below the CPU for SSD Caching then you need a specialized SSD. Otherwise just use a regular SSD and configure it through the Intel SRT options; seen here -

Example - Kingston SSDNow mS100 SMS100S2/64 -
    others -

ref -
    "1 x mSATA connector
    * The SATA2 5 connector will become unavailable when the mSATA connector is installed with a solid state drive."

mSATA SSD:
  2. Thanks Jaquith, Not quite what I wanted. I have a 2.5 size SSD arriving but the motherboard arrived first and was puzzled by fitting for SSD. Now realize that this is only for memory enhancement. What I need is to install SSD for an install of win7.
    In this I connect it toSata2-5 port?
  3. SSD Ports - it's best to use the Intel chipset SATA ports and specifically SATA3_0 or SATA3_1 ports which are the 'White' SATA ports closet to the CPU.

2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0/SATA3 1) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices
    4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2 2~SATA2 5) supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
    1 x mSATA connector
  4. Thanks Jaquith, a mine of information!. New SSD arriving friday hopefully, then can make a start.
    Regards.. Norman-E
  5. Good Luck! :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte SSD Connection Motherboards Product