How to hook up this fan controller?

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Actually, I think I need a simple molex 4pin to 3pin adapter, as each fan needs it's own direct path to the fan controller, so I can control the speeds. I don't need any of my fans to be connected to the motherboard, do I?

Also, this is beside the point, but I have been trying to figure out a build for the rest of the computer...the AMD side has 8gbs of ram, and a 6540, whereas the Intel i5-2500k has 4GB, and integrated graphics. What would you suggest to get? Ironically, the intel build is cheaper.

andrews013

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Intel. Upgrading ram is far easier than processor. And I looked everywhere and couldn't find one for some reason. If i were you just go into micro-center and explain your situation.

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
I told him that, and he swore up and down I had no clue what I was talking about. So on the way out the door, I told him he could take his $120 320GB HDD and shove up his ass.

Before my girlfriend met me, she was computer illiterate, and her wireless wasn't working. She took it to him, all he did was a system restore, and charged her $200 for that, and claimed that he was giving her a deal!!! I can understand a small business owner marking up price a little bit, but that was fking ridiculous.