Corsair TX750W noise levels

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I've got a Corsair TX750W PSU and its fan noise is getting somewhat annoying. All my other fans (3x 120 mm case fans, 1x 140mm case fan, 1x 120mm fan on my Hyper 212+ and 2 fans on my GTX 560 Ti) are almost silent on idle and the PSU's fan totally breaks it. Does anyone else own TX750W here? Is it a general problem with this model or have I got a faulty unit? Is it possible to somehow rectify the problem?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Replacing is a pain in the a$$ and it might take long here (up to two weeks), plus the local dealers aren't easy to deal with and often refuse to acknowledge such a "minor" issue. What I want is some feedback from the actual TX750 owners and their experience with this PSU.

If it's hot in the case, the fan is gonna ramp up and make noise ...... one of the reasons I like CPX form factor PSU's. But if the case is at normal temps, as others have said, I'd call Corsair. See if they will ship you new one on credit car, and then credit you when old one gets back there.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Haha, the solution you've proposed is sweet, but again I doubt it will work in my country. Most hardware companies have pretty much given up on India and are moving their tech support north and reducing staff.

Yeah, I know that the fan there is controlled by the temperature sensor. I have quite good case cooling - 2 intake, 2 exhaust, the 212+... However, when I've searched for the issue, most of the owners have the PSU's fan directed inside the case even if bottom-mounted, like in my case. Could that be a problem? Should I maybe direct the PSU fan inside the case (despite the latter having ventilation holes in the bottom under the PSU mount space)?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Tried that a while ago. The only new thing I found just now is that Corsair fans are controlled by the power draw. So I enabled power saving features on my mobo (auto) and the noise decreased... somewhat.

Your suggestion is silly, though. WTF is the point of being on Tom's if I can't even ask for help here and have to go somewhere else? :heink:

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Good. Sick of your unhelpful attitude, either way. Threads are there for getting replies, not for redirecting somewhere else.