Radeon 5770 HDMI problem

Hi,

Basically I use my monitor (DVI) as my primary display and my HDTV as secondary. It was working fine, until one day it starts messing up.

The regular monitor works fine until I plug in my HDMI. When I do that, it blacks out my monitor leaving the cursor frozen on the screen. The TV has no signal.

When I boot I can see it on both screens fine.

I understand this might be a resolution problem because it worked fine when I formatted my computer until i changed the preset to 720p (This worked fine before).

I have tried to:

-uninstall drivers and reinstall drivers
-use the previous drivers
-change hdmi cables

I do not want to format or send back in my card to XFX if I don't need too. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 5770 hdmi problem
  1. try to boot in safe mode and change the resolution on both monitors? Are you overclocking the card whilst trying to duel desktop or duplicate?
  2. I have done this before, but it disables my graphics card driver and I cannot access my Catalyst. I will try again through regular windows and will post what happens. Thanks
  3. Okay I tried two things. My BIOS on my new computer allowed me to go in to a setting of 640 x 480 resolution. That didn't work, exact same problem.

I tried to boot in safe mode, using Windows to change my resolution but it only shows one monitor not my TV which is displayed as a clone. I changed it anyway from 800 x 600 to 1024x768. Same problem when I boot up normally. Thanks.

Oh and I am not overclocking the card. Thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Monitors HDMI Graphics