Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First built nightmare

Last response: in Components
October 10, 2011 11:04:55 AM

Hello,
I am building a new pc, with this Fatality p67 Professional, I rma it to NEW egg once already, and I am still getting the power on, follow by an immediate power off/on/off/on, the error that displays is error 13, then quickly goes to 46,and/or 19, briefly shows and then it shows garble.

the only elements for my test post are the MOBO, the CPU intel 7i 2600 sandybridge, Patriot ddr3 ram sticks, nvidia Galaxi Video card, Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Computer Case, SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply (all recomemended in the Asrock support list)

Please help, I am thinking about exchanging the CPU, the ram and the video card...

More about : built nightmare

Best solution

October 10, 2011 11:25:59 AM

Remove all the sticks of RAM. Use just one stick in the board and try it.
October 11, 2011 1:56:09 AM

I have seen a similar issue created by simply changing the RAID Settings in BIOS. For Example, if you have your SATA Controller set to Native IDE while installing windows, and then you go into BIOS and say "That is not what i wanted" and change it to RAID (whether or not it is in RAID Array) it will cause your computer not to boot to the hard drive.
m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2011 6:56:07 AM

thank you all for the advice, I ended up RMA the mobo, thne I tested just with the fans and the Ram ( i also eliminated the power switches connections and used the mobo power button this one comes with one) and got the same errors, endless rebooting. SO then I took out the Ram, and now no more reboots, just an error poinintg to the Ram, error 53.so I am RMA the RAM, I am hoping that will be it, I will let you know guys
m
l
October 18, 2011 6:58:45 AM

Best answer selected by ickie.
m
l
October 18, 2011 10:08:25 AM

ickie said:
thank you all for the advice, I ended up RMA the mobo, thne I tested just with the fans and the Ram ( i also eliminated the power switches connections and used the mobo power button this one comes with one) and got the same errors, endless rebooting. SO then I took out the Ram, and now no more reboots, just an error poinintg to the Ram, error 53.so I am RMA the RAM, I am hoping that will be it, I will let you know guys

its probably not faulty ram, its probably the 1.65v ram your trying to use with a CPU that should be used with 1.5v ram. Removing sticks just puts a little less strain on the cpu's memory controller enough for it to be stable with 1 stick. Check your motherboards RAM compatability list.
m
l
!