New motherboard for AM3 CPU

is3

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I want to buy new motherboard because old one (M4N68T) is not enough for my CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. When I use all cores motherboard overheat and throttle down CPU.

I am choosing between
GIGABYTE 970A-UD3 - 87€
GIGABYTE 990x-UD3- 99€
ASUS M5A99X EVO - 110€

I am thinking most of 970A- UD3 or ASUS .But is that ASUS worth for extra 20 € for me?
I will not be overclocking CPU or using SLI in future.
Other components in my PC are
Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, 2x2GB + 2x4GB
PSU: Corsair TX650V2
VGA:MSI GTX670 OC

Thank you

If the motherboard supports your processor, it might be wiser to get a better heatsink and perhaps add an extra case fan. If not, get the board with the features you use everyday or the one with the best warranty in your country. I use newegg.com to get some customer reviews, even if you buy it elsewhere.

is3

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Yes motherboard support CPU an cooling is a solution but it is only temporary. I doubt that board can stand it too long. That cpu has simply too high TDP that is why I am looking for new motherboard.

Next I use only most common features on motherboard. It means Gigabyte will be enough. Am I right?
Waranty wont be problem here. All 3 boards have warranty 2 years an I can make it for few € one year longer.

Yes. Any of those boards should be better than the older one you're using now. I always recommend downloading and reading the board manual before ordering. Check the bios adjustments for ram and voltage. It only takes about five minutes. This will give you an idea of the board's capabilities, especially if you overclock the cpu.