PC crashes under moderate to heavy load always

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me get starting on trying to diagnose my pc problem... my pc seems to crash anytime there is a moderate load... is there any programs or software i can try to help find the problem?

Thanks for the help

RCB
14 answers Last reply
More about crashes moderate heavy load always
  1. Check the CPU and GPU cooling fans. One or both are likely clogged with dust or are not working properly.
  2. Please provide your system specs. A crash like this could be heat-related, or due to an inadequate PSU. What is the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU?
  3. If all else fails, run several cycles of memtest to make sure its not memory related.
  4. here is a bit more info.. at first i noticed it would crash randomly while using ps3mediaserver (usually when serving up an mkv hd file). now it seems to happen quite often, if im downloading a few torrents, unzipping a rar and maybe watching a youtube vid at the same time will crash it..

when it crashes i get a blue screen about windows is shuting down to prevent damage or something and it says dumping memory... when it reboots i get a little pop up saying windows has recovered from a serious error and i can click to check for solutions online (of course there are no solutions)

my pc specs are:

CPU - AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz
    mobo - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX
    ram - Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
    PSU - Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W

thanks again for any help

RCB
  5. Sounds like either heat or bad memory.
  6. Indeed, sounds alot like a memory issue.
  7. If it is generating BSODs, it is probably memory. Reseat your RAM. Run memtest86 on it, and/or Prime95. Try it with one RAM stick at a time.
  8. well ive done a few cycles of windows memory diagnostic and memtest86+ and both say no error or problems...is there anything else i could try?

RCB
  9. Run the system with only one stick installed in slot one. Do this with each stick and see if the crashing persists.
  10. Well when I run prime95 with both sticks installed it crashes almost instantly but with only 1 or the other installed prime95 runs fine.. Can anyone offer any insight to this?

Thanks again
  11. I changed some setting in the bios seems to be running more stable now..
  12. DJRCB said:
    I changed some setting in the bios seems to be running more stable now..

Glad to hear it!
    Keep us updated!
  13. DJRCB said:
    I changed some setting in the bios seems to be running more stable now..

Please state whate changes did you make in BIOS, I am facing a similar issue.
  14. i think i set everything back to default..
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Crash Software Systems