Extreme 6 windows big install problem.

bully818

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have been trying to install windows 7 since i got this mobo yesterday and I have a few different problems with trying to install windows 7.

1) When i boot it in ahci mode from the dvd drive it does not load windows 7 install. It stays at a black screen with a tiny blinking bar.

2) when i change it from ahci to ide it lauches to the windows 7 install but does not go past 0% while expanding the windows 7 files.

I updated the bios to the newes version and still no luck. Im running out of ideas. Never seen anything like this. Anyone got any ideas?

If you need more information let me know. Thank you.

bully818

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
and third.

When i try the dvd boot in uefi instead of the normal ahci i get this message

"windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. on EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GPT DISKS.

I only tried this mode as a last effort.

bully818

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Not sure what you mean but ill try and give more information. There are 8 sata slots on the board. 2 are a_1 and a_2 which are media ports (the book says not to use them for bootable hardware) and then the other two ports are regular sata 3 slots, then 4 other sata 2 slots. Right now i have my dvd drive and hard drive on each of the normal sata 3 slots. When i try and boot from my dvd drive to install windows 7 it comes up with hit any key and then after that loads to a black screen and then stops working. Now in the other modes i wrote above ive gotten further but still no luck with the install..

Never seen anything like this . so strange to me.

bully818

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
No its not blue ray. just Dvd/cd . Ill try IDE again. But the last few times ive tried it stays at 0% on the expanding windows files part. My dad used the same copy of windows a week ago so i really dont think it's the cd. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts