FS: Flash 2 Advance 256meg with USB Linker

I have a F2A 256meg cartridge & a USB linker Im not using.
Excellent condition with boxes and cd.
The thing works great, I just dont use it.

Every GBA game there is at alt.binaries.emulators.gameboy.advance

You can get updates here.
http://www.flash2advance.com/

And whats in this pic is what I have.
http://www.the-console-corner.com/flash_advance_pro2.htm

$80 I accept Paypal

email machwon@att.net

Sam

How many game will the 256meg cartridge hold?

"Sam" <fallout22uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> How many game will the 256meg cartridge hold?

Depends on how big they are. It's a 32mb cartridge, so I get between 4 and
about 8 on it of GBA games (more if they're only small like the homebrew
stuff). The goomba GB cart images are tiny, you get hundreds of those on.

D.

Anywhere from 1 to several.

Some games are 32meg, some are 64meg, some 128 meg.
So when you put more than 1 game on it, and you turn on the GB you are
greeted with a menu of the games.

So you pick the one you want to play. Then turn it back off then on
and pick another.

Its a great idea and works great. Im just not using it anymore. I have
other toys getting my attention now.

Of course the best place to get the 2000 + games is
alt.binaries.emulators.gameboy.advance

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:03:40 GMT, "Sam" <fallout22uk@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>How many game will the 256meg cartridge hold?
>
>"Mach 1" <machwon@att.net> wrote in message
>>I have a F2A 256meg cartridge & a USB linker Im not using.
>> Excellent condition with boxes and cd.
>> The thing works great, I just dont use it.
>>
>> Every GBA game there is at alt.binaries.emulators.gameboy.advance
>>
>> You can get updates here.
>> http://www.flash2advance.com/
>>
>> And whats in this pic is what I have.
>> http://www.the-console-corner.com/flash_advance_pro2.htm
>>
>> $80 I accept Paypal
>>
>> email machwon@att.net

"Sam" <fallout22uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote

> How many game will the 256 Mbit cartridge hold?

I'm assuming that you may not be familiar with flashcarts.

With flash carts, you have to keep in mind that the memory capacity is
measured in Megabits -- not Megabytes.

A 256 Megabit (32 Megabyte) could hold four 64 Megabit (8 Megabyte) GBA
games -- assuming that space within the 256 Megabits doesn't have to be
alloted for the loader program. I'm using 64 Megabit (8 Megabyte) GBA
games as an example since that is probably the average game size -- although
there are many games that are only 32 Megabit (4 Megabyte) and also some
large games (i.e., "Final Fantasy Tactics") that are 128 Megabit (16
Megabyte). Do the division and you can figure out the capacity fo any
combination.

The "loader" program is the program that allows you to select which ROM
image that you want to execute on the flash. Most carts have loader
programs that can be brought up at any time, even when you are in a GBA
game -- i.e., you don't have to power down to select a new game. Most 128
Megabit flash carts actually have a little more memory space than 128
Megabits in order to accommodate the loader program. The card over 128
Megabit, however, in many cases don't have extra space for the loader. It
depends on the card and manufacturer.

There are different approaches (depending on cart) on how the ROMs are
actually transfered to the cartridge. Some carts are flashed by an external
"linker", which is usually a USB device that you hook up to your PC to do
the flashing, while others you simply just attach your GBA directly to your
PC via USB (in which case, the GBA itself is the "linker".) The Nintendo
DS, which lacks the GBA port, is not capable of the second method.

I'm using just a small 128 Megabit (EZ2 Powerstar) flashcart as all I
intended to do with it was just simply be able to emulate original NES and
SMS games. I went with the external USB linker as I mainly use it with a
Nintendo DS. Works just fine. I don't think I could find enough NES/SMS
games that are worth having on the cart to fill up all the available memory.
:^)

Check out:
http://www.gbaflashguide.com

Cheers 'n Beers!
-ES

"Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message

> The "loader" program is the program that allows you to select which ROM
> image that you want to execute on the flash. Most carts have loader
> programs that can be brought up at any time, even when you are in a GBA
> game -- i.e., you don't have to power down to select a new game. Most 128
> Megabit flash carts actually have a little more memory space than 128
> Megabits in order to accommodate the loader program. The card over 128
> Megabit, however, in many cases don't have extra space for the loader. It
> depends on the card and manufacturer.

One of those cases would be the XG2T 256mb I have - I can fit the full 256mb
in, as the menu is stored elsewhere.

D.

TRENDING THREADS