Are the temps OK?

Tony Rotten

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Last week I received my brand new mid-tower PC from a "boutique" builder and for the first time I am paying attention to temperatures (and voltages, and fan speeds) so I am asking the forum if these temps look alright (all Centigrade):

(NOTE: MB is a Sabertooth Z77 and CPU is a 3rd Gen Core i-7 3770.)

CPU: 37
MB: 38
VCORE: 33
VCORE (Back): 31
VCCIO/VCCSA: 38
iGPU: 33
DRAM: 48
PCH: 46
USB3.0: 47
PCIE-1: 35
PCIE-2: 41

softwares-hwmonitor-01.jpg

Duh, Prime95 is not "GarbageWare" by any stretch, you can use AIDA64 Extreme to stress it's about the best you can get and all of my builds are validated using it - http://www.aida64.com/downloads

The temps look fine. Q - Where are you seeing that data? Keep in mind 'Probe' data isn't completely accurate.

Tony Rotten

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Sorry, I didn't mean to put down the program you suggested. I was referring to what else may be installed in my PC w/o my knowledge. But if you guys vouch for the program, that's good enough for me.

I'll look more into it.

And the temps above are being reported by ASUS's MB utility AI Suite II. (I assume that if I look in the BIOS screens I would get the same readings?)

Temps & Readings (same) - Not necessarily and I'd trust in order: 1. Direct readings with instruments, 2. BIOS Level readings, 3. OEM Applications (though I do not recommend installing ASUS AI Suite unless required - talk about problematic software), and ... dead last third-party applications.

There's no 'probe standardization'.

Tony Rotten

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Nikorr:

COOLER MASTER, Elite 311 (RC-311B-OWN1) Black/Orange Mid-Tower Case w/ Window, ATX, No PSU, Steel/Plastic

ANTEC, EarthWatts EA 750 Green, 80 PLUS® Bronze, 750W, 24-pin ATX12V 2.3 EPS12V, Four 8/6-pin PCIe, Retail

COOLER MASTER, Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, Socket 2011/1155/1156/1366/775/FM1/AM3/AM2, Copper/Aluminum

OK, If u spend money on premium system, I would get a better case.

Water cooler like H100

The PSU is good, I like Antec.

x79 is produces more heat than Z77.

Huh?! The temps (HW Monitor) look fine, the (1) one HDD is maybe +2C higher a tad atypical but nothing I would even care to be concern about if something's R/W at that exact moment of a screen capture. 42C~45C is very average and all of the other temps are low if anything. AUX/CPU IN Temps are 'null' temperatures i.e. there's no probe data.

I meant (me), practically every PC (except Notebooks) I own has some form of RAID.

ATTO is one of many drive benchmark utilities, but practically every R/W speed you'll see when buying came from the cherry picked max R/W from ATTO; official link - http://www.attotech.com/products/product.php?sku=Disk_Benchmark

The HDD temps are influence by: Cooling, Density of the platter, Rotation speeds of the platter, and mostly (USE R/W).