Fitting more hard drives into a haf 932?

shadows1123

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I plan on getting a HAF 932 Advanced (compared to a HAF X, i can get my own dust filters out of pantyhose, and i have no need for the SATA hotswap bays).

But my real question is, does anyone have any experience in modding my case so I can fit more than 5 hard drives? This is the only question I really have that is preventing me from buying my build.

shadows1123

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
well, until I buy myself a separate case for my NAS/xbmc/tv tuner+dvr/whs etc, I plan on using this box for it. and yes, I'm getting 1 ssd for my os, so 4 slots at 2tb each (best gb/dollar) is only 8tb, which will fill up very fast. I'm just curious if anyone has had any successful experience modding the hdd tray besides removing it completely. and if I do end up removing the tray, then what?

from the pictures I see, can I just squeeze 10 hard drives in there, stacked? how would I hold the drives in? (I wanna stay away from sticky substances if possible)

thanks

Spikebob21

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
you could always do a mod to your case you probably wont want to but get some cable extensions.. and drill a hole for the cables and have them sit behind your case or in a drawer? when not in use.. idk. im all about performance not looks. lol i have a 12volt portable car fan hanging in my case over my CPU lol and an industrial fan blowing at full speed too.. lol

Spikebob21

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Actually if your gonna be running a server type deal which from what im hereing that sounds like what your doing kinda... you could build your own Hdd storage case with its own fans and stuff it would be fun to do and you can customize it any way you want to... Get plexi glass glue the sides together throw in some HDD mounts cut holes for fans throw some led's in there and have your friends be like WTF SICK!!!!! lol

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009

You need a couple of these:

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=2542

The New Number Two