Sign in with
Your question

Weird Lines on Screen?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 2, 2011 1:20:22 PM

Anyone know what is wrong here it just randomly started happening. Here are the pics showing it as its hard to describe.

Pics:

It disappears when playing Portal 2 but its always there when just browsing the web or anything simple.

Thanks

More about : weird lines screen

May 2, 2011 1:22:39 PM

Whats your system? Have you overclocked the graphics card?
May 2, 2011 1:26:11 PM

My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
2GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX

Nope I haven't overclocked anything, also my monitor is just a standard dell one.

Let me know if you need any more information, also thanks for the fast reply :D 
Related resources
May 2, 2011 1:29:28 PM

You can try connecting the monitor to a different port.
May 2, 2011 1:49:15 PM

Tried that mate didnt seem to do anything :( 
a b Î Nvidia
May 2, 2011 1:57:33 PM

okay, 8800, if you do a search of the forums you will see quite a few 8800 owners having issues with cards dying. Including myself. If the card is in warranty, get it replaced, if not you can either try to "bake" it (see online for details) or get a new card. Either that card was designed to fail or the cooling on it was poorly done as it has a very large % of failures compared to other cards. Way too many posts here dealing with 8800 cards and image defects or no image at all, when you compare to other cards.
May 2, 2011 2:00:49 PM

hang-the-9 said:
okay, 8800, if you do a search of the forums you will see quite a few 8800 owners having issues with cards dying. Including myself. If the card is in warranty, get it replaced, if not you can either try to "bake" it (see online for details) or get a new card. Either that card was designed to fail or the cooling on it was poorly done as it has a very large % of failures compared to other cards. Way too many posts here dealing with 8800 cards and image defects or no image at all, when you compare to other cards.

Cheers mate I'll try cleaning it first then ill try this bake method haha :D 
!