How many Gameboy cartridges do you have?

Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I like
a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is buy my GBA
games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out of upgrading
to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I look forward to
the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it will force GBA game
prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes obsolete I am going to
take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA games.

I have:

GBA:
-Rocky
-Chessmaster
-Sim City 2000
-Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-Eye of the Beholder
-Super Mario Bros.
-Legend of Zelda
-Donkey Kong
-Namco Museum
-Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
-Konami Arcade Advanced
-Yoshi's Island
-Pac-Man Collection
-Super Ghouls & Ghosts
-Activision Anthology
-Fire Pro Wrestling II

GBC/P:
-Alone in the Dark
-16 megabit flash cart

I'm also getting Atari Anniversary Advance for the GBA in the mail very
soon.

The drawback of having so many games is to find a convenient way to store
them. I use a Pro Gamer'z case:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009AVO6.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And I use plastic cases to place the cartridges inside of them:
http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/4f/f6/75_1.JPG

I don't really use the PG case to store any accessories. The top
compartment is used for the manuals and the bottom compartment I place the
SP and stack 6 cartridges in the 4 corner sections. I use the second SP
section to place my 2 GBC/P carts. I might remove the foamy of the 2nd SP
section to place an additional 6 cartridges.
19 answers Last reply
More about gameboy cartridges have

    > I don't really use the PG case to store any accessories. The top
    > compartment is used for the manuals and the bottom compartment I place the
    > SP and stack 6 cartridges in the 4 corner sections. I use the second SP
    > section to place my 2 GBC/P carts. I might remove the foamy of the 2nd SP
    > section to place an additional 6 cartridges.

    I should edit my posts more carefully, I meant to say that I stack 6
    cartridges in the 4 corner sections for a grand total of 24 cartridges (I
    have 17 now, but I have 7 empty cases)

    On 2005-01-30, HIT Fanatic <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote:
    >> I don't really use the PG case to store any accessories. The top
    >> compartment is used for the manuals and the bottom compartment I place the
    >> SP and stack 6 cartridges in the 4 corner sections. I use the second SP
    >> section to place my 2 GBC/P carts. I might remove the foamy of the 2nd SP
    >> section to place an additional 6 cartridges.
    >
    > I should edit my posts more carefully, I meant to say that I stack 6
    > cartridges in the 4 corner sections for a grand total of 24 cartridges (I
    > have 17 now, but I have 7 empty cases)

    I go for quality. Right now I have 15 games.

    Preston

    i have one 256 Mbit cartridge and one DVD...

    "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    > like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is buy
    > my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out of
    > upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    > look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    > will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    > obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    > games.

    I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.

    D.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Dunny wrote:

    > "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    > > like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is buy
    > > my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out of
    > > upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    > > look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    > > will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    > > obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    > > games.
    >
    > I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.

    Why are you in this group?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Ted wrote:

    > Dunny wrote:
    >
    >>"HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    >>>like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is buy
    >>>my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out of
    >>>upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    >>>look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    >>>will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    >>>obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    >>>games.
    >>
    >>I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.
    >

    > Why are you in this group?

    I'm guessing his one cartridge is a flash cartridge...
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    lol, I have 1 cartridge, 2000 + games :)

    And I dont use it. :(

    >>>I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.
    >>

    >> Why are you in this group?
    >
    >I'm guessing his one cartridge is a flash cartridge...
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Dunny wrote:

    >> I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.

    > Why are you in this group?

    To discuss games? When I see a thread I'm interested in, I'll post. In the
    meantime I'll mostly lurk.

    D.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Dunny wrote:

    > "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Dunny wrote:
    >
    > >> I have one GBA cartridge. I have no plans to buy any more.
    >
    > > Why are you in this group?
    >
    > To discuss games? When I see a thread I'm interested in, I'll post. In the
    > meantime I'll mostly lurk.

    It just seems odd to lurk in a GBA group when you have 1 GBA cart.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > Dunny wrote:
    > >
    > > "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > > > Why are you in this group?
    > >
    > > To discuss games? When I see a thread I'm interested in, I'll post. In
    the
    > > meantime I'll mostly lurk.
    >
    > It just seems odd to lurk in a GBA group when you have 1 GBA cart.

    but his has 2000+ games, remember?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    > like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is buy
    > my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out of
    > upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    > look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    > will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    > obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    > games.
    >
    > I have:
    >
    > GBA:
    > -Rocky
    > -Chessmaster
    > -Sim City 2000
    > -Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    > -Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    > -Eye of the Beholder
    > -Super Mario Bros.
    > -Legend of Zelda
    > -Donkey Kong
    > -Namco Museum
    > -Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
    > -Konami Arcade Advanced
    > -Yoshi's Island
    > -Pac-Man Collection
    > -Super Ghouls & Ghosts
    > -Activision Anthology
    > -Fire Pro Wrestling II
    >
    > GBC/P:
    > -Alone in the Dark
    > -16 megabit flash cart

    I trade my games in as I finish them so don't have more than 1-2 at a time.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side,
    >> I like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do
    >> is buy my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I
    >> opted out of upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and
    >> see attitude. I look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I
    >> want to buy it, but it will force GBA game prices to go down even
    >> further. When the GBA becomes obsolete I am going to take advantage
    >> of the inevitable firesales of GBA games.
    >>
    >> I have:
    >>
    >> GBA:
    >> -Rocky
    >> -Chessmaster
    >> -Sim City 2000
    >> -Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    >> -Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    >> -Eye of the Beholder
    >> -Super Mario Bros.
    >> -Legend of Zelda
    >> -Donkey Kong
    >> -Namco Museum
    >> -Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
    >> -Konami Arcade Advanced
    >> -Yoshi's Island
    >> -Pac-Man Collection
    >> -Super Ghouls & Ghosts
    >> -Activision Anthology
    >> -Fire Pro Wrestling II
    >>
    >> GBC/P:
    >> -Alone in the Dark
    >> -16 megabit flash cart
    >
    > I trade my games in as I finish them so don't have more than 1-2 at a
    > time.

    Those of us who buy a lot of used games thank you.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Dunny wrote:
    >>
    >> "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

    >> > Why are you in this group?
    >>
    >> To discuss games? When I see a thread I'm interested in, I'll post. In
    >> the
    >> meantime I'll mostly lurk.
    >
    > It just seems odd to lurk in a GBA group when you have 1 GBA cart.

    See my post responding to the OP. I too have 1 cart.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Eddie G" <mickeddie(remove me)@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    >> like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is
    >> buy my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out
    >> of upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    >> look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    >> will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    >> obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    >> games.
    >>
    >> I have:
    >>
    >> GBA:
    >> -Rocky
    >> -Chessmaster
    >> -Sim City 2000
    >> -Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    >> -Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    >> -Eye of the Beholder
    >> -Super Mario Bros.
    >> -Legend of Zelda
    >> -Donkey Kong
    >> -Namco Museum
    >> -Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
    >> -Konami Arcade Advanced
    >> -Yoshi's Island
    >> -Pac-Man Collection
    >> -Super Ghouls & Ghosts
    >> -Activision Anthology
    >> -Fire Pro Wrestling II
    >>
    >> GBC/P:
    >> -Alone in the Dark
    >> -16 megabit flash cart

    Pokemon Ruby
    Pokemon Sapphire
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Kindom Hearts Chain of Memories
    Dave Mirra II
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Sword of Mana
    Rayman 3
    Warioware Micro-Games
    Bookworm
    Prince of Persia
    Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
    Jet Grind Radio
    Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
    Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
    Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
    Pokemon Pinball

    Also : Movie Player Advance 2.0
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Raph wrote:
    > "Eddie G" <mickeddie(remove me)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity
    side, I
    > >> like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually
    do is
    > >> buy my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I
    opted out
    > >> of upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see
    attitude. I
    > >> look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it,
    but it
    > >> will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA
    becomes
    > >> obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales
    of GBA
    > >> games.
    > >>
    > >> I have:
    > >>
    > >> GBA:
    > >> -Rocky
    > >> -Chessmaster
    > >> -Sim City 2000
    > >> -Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    > >> -Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    > >> -Eye of the Beholder
    > >> -Super Mario Bros.
    > >> -Legend of Zelda
    > >> -Donkey Kong
    > >> -Namco Museum
    > >> -Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
    > >> -Konami Arcade Advanced
    > >> -Yoshi's Island
    > >> -Pac-Man Collection
    > >> -Super Ghouls & Ghosts
    > >> -Activision Anthology
    > >> -Fire Pro Wrestling II
    > >>
    > >> GBC/P:
    > >> -Alone in the Dark
    > >> -16 megabit flash cart
    > >

    > Pokemon Ruby
    > Pokemon Sapphire
    > Pokemon Fire Red
    > Pokemon Leaf Green
    > Kindom Hearts Chain of Memories
    > Dave Mirra II
    > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    > Sword of Mana
    > Rayman 3
    > Warioware Micro-Games
    > Bookworm
    > Prince of Persia
    > Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
    > Jet Grind Radio
    > Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
    > Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
    > Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
    > Pokemon Pinball
    >
    > Also : Movie Player Advance 2.0

    I bought my Game Boy Advance only a few months ago. Initially I was
    going to buy it just to replace my Game Boy, whose screen has a lot of
    burned-out vertical lines on the left and right edges; but when I saw
    that the Game Boy Advance could play some Super NES games I'd never
    played (due to never having owned a Super NES), I decided to take a
    closer look at what was available for the Game Boy Advance itself.

    I have:

    Super Mario World
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Final Fantasy I & II
    Mario Pinball Land
    Ice Climber (a good deal at the $10 I paid for it)

    and for the original Game Boy:

    Game & Watch Gallery 1, 2, and 3
    Wario Land I & II
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    Final Fantasy Adventure
    Final Fantasy Legend III
    Dragon Warrior Monsters

    I had many other Game Boy games that I sold long ago.

    --
    MSC
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I got one, It's an EZF-advance....

    Raph wrote:
    > "Eddie G" <mickeddie(remove me)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Do you prefer quality or quantity? I lean towards the quanity side, I
    >>>like a little variety with my gaming experience. What I usually do is
    >>>buy my GBA games at rock-bottom prices when they go on sale. I opted out
    >>>of upgrading to the DS for now and I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I
    >>>look forward to the PSP coming out--not because I want to buy it, but it
    >>>will force GBA game prices to go down even further. When the GBA becomes
    >>>obsolete I am going to take advantage of the inevitable firesales of GBA
    >>>games.
    >>>
    >>>I have:
    >>>
    >>>GBA:
    >>>-Rocky
    >>>-Chessmaster
    >>>-Sim City 2000
    >>>-Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    >>>-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    >>>-Eye of the Beholder
    >>>-Super Mario Bros.
    >>>-Legend of Zelda
    >>>-Donkey Kong
    >>>-Namco Museum
    >>>-Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
    >>>-Konami Arcade Advanced
    >>>-Yoshi's Island
    >>>-Pac-Man Collection
    >>>-Super Ghouls & Ghosts
    >>>-Activision Anthology
    >>>-Fire Pro Wrestling II
    >>>
    >>>GBC/P:
    >>>-Alone in the Dark
    >>>-16 megabit flash cart
    >>

    > Pokemon Ruby
    > Pokemon Sapphire
    > Pokemon Fire Red
    > Pokemon Leaf Green
    > Kindom Hearts Chain of Memories
    > Dave Mirra II
    > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    > Sword of Mana
    > Rayman 3
    > Warioware Micro-Games
    > Bookworm
    > Prince of Persia
    > Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
    > Jet Grind Radio
    > Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
    > Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
    > Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
    > Pokemon Pinball
    >
    > Also : Movie Player Advance 2.0

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Yeah I sold a bunch of games, actually all my original gameboy games long
    ago on ebay and I regret it. I'd probably not play them anymore anyway but
    for the nostalgic value. Games like Great Greed, final fantasy adventure,
    thank god they came out with sword of mana for gba.

    "Mark S. Cipolone" <mscipolone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Raph wrote:
    > > "Eddie G" <mickeddie(remove me)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "HIT Fanatic" <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > side, I
    > do is
    > opted out
    > attitude. I
    > but it
    > becomes
    > of GBA

    > > Pokemon Ruby
    > > Pokemon Sapphire
    > > Pokemon Fire Red
    > > Pokemon Leaf Green
    > > Kindom Hearts Chain of Memories
    > > Dave Mirra II
    > > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    > > Sword of Mana
    > > Rayman 3
    > > Warioware Micro-Games
    > > Bookworm
    > > Prince of Persia
    > > Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
    > > Jet Grind Radio
    > > Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
    > > Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
    > > Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
    > > Pokemon Pinball
    > >
    > > Also : Movie Player Advance 2.0
    >
    > I bought my Game Boy Advance only a few months ago. Initially I was
    > going to buy it just to replace my Game Boy, whose screen has a lot of
    > burned-out vertical lines on the left and right edges; but when I saw
    > that the Game Boy Advance could play some Super NES games I'd never
    > played (due to never having owned a Super NES), I decided to take a
    > closer look at what was available for the Game Boy Advance itself.
    >
    > I have:
    >
    > Super Mario World
    > The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    > Final Fantasy I & II
    > Mario Pinball Land
    > Ice Climber (a good deal at the $10 I paid for it)
    >
    > and for the original Game Boy:
    >
    > Game & Watch Gallery 1, 2, and 3
    > Wario Land I & II
    > The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    > Final Fantasy Adventure
    > Final Fantasy Legend III
    > Dragon Warrior Monsters
    >
    > I had many other Game Boy games that I sold long ago.
    >
    > --
    > MSC

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Josh Folcik wrote:
    > Yeah I sold a bunch of games, actually all my original gameboy games
    long
    > ago on ebay and I regret it. I'd probably not play them anymore
    anyway but
    > for the nostalgic value. Games like Great Greed, final fantasy
    adventure,
    > thank god they came out with sword of mana for gba.

    I've seen a number of reviews saying that Sword of Mana is very
    bad---certainly worse than Final Fantasy Adventure. Does anyone
    disagree?

    --
    MSC
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I disagree, the only thing in it that I felt wasn't improved was if you
    battled enough you got too strong for the last half or so of the game and
    makes the battles not too hard, the enhanced story more than made up for
    that though.

    > Josh Folcik wrote:
    > > Yeah I sold a bunch of games, actually all my original gameboy games
    > long
    > > ago on ebay and I regret it. I'd probably not play them anymore
    > anyway but
    > > for the nostalgic value. Games like Great Greed, final fantasy
    > adventure,
    > > thank god they came out with sword of mana for gba.
    >
    > I've seen a number of reviews saying that Sword of Mana is very
    > bad---certainly worse than Final Fantasy Adventure. Does anyone
    > disagree?
    >
    > --
    > MSC

Console Gaming Gameboy Games Video Games Product