Sign in with
Your question

Case Mod help

Last response: in Components
October 10, 2011 9:02:00 PM

Hey Guys,
I'm starting a new build (2600k, 580sli, the works) and i really want to do soemthign different this time around with the case.

In my past few builds ive done complex lighting, larger window, inside color scheme stuff. This build, i want to do really mod the case to go above and beyond.

I have a some basic tools, a demel for case window work and other metal work. But there are a few area's that i need some guidance in.

I need help;
- CNC'ing custom fan grills out of Aluminium
- Custom painting the entire inside and outside
- CNC'ing custom top fan grill

Does anyone have expereince doing this things in Los Angeles, CA? Is there anyone in LA that might want to help me on this project?

Thanks,

More about : case mod

a b ) Power supply
October 10, 2011 9:29:00 PM

You can really have a lot of fun with a dremel and a few hours. I did this a few years back with some old case some one gave me. Just got nutty with a dremel and some spray paint. All free hand.

As far as having something CNCed your best bet might be to talk to a custom car or motorcycle shop. If they have a machine they might do something for you. I have no guess what they might charge you for the time though.

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
m
l
October 10, 2011 9:47:48 PM

bucknutty said:
You can really have a lot of fun with a dremel and a few hours. I did this a few years back with some old case some one gave me. Just got nutty with a dremel and some spray paint. All free hand.

As far as having something CNCed your best bet might be to talk to a custom car or motorcycle shop. If they have a machine they might do something for you. I have no guess what they might charge you for the time though.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/BuckNutson/12.jpg" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

Wow, i love that case mod. its looks great!

Yeah - i already have the case design all figured out... it's going to be really freaking awesome! It's going to be a Charcoal color with carbon fiber and chrome accents. Instead of just a normal window, i actual textured glass that will be cut to fit the unique window design. inside i have remote control, color changing LED lights.

I really just need help painting the damn thing and CNC'ing some small special parts (some fan grills) out of aluminum.
m
l
!