Radeon 4670 1gb or 5450 1gb?????

guys plz help me with this for sure...! Im god damn confused! I planning to buy a single pc
with 1.core i3 2100
2.h61 board
3. DDR3 2GB RAM
4.GRAPHIC CARD:??????????????????????????
IM SO MUCH CONFUSED WITH RADEON 4670 1GB AND RADEON 5450 1GB... Or radeon 4770 1gb???? Im just dying which to choose as 4670 edges over 5450 but has 10.1x and 11x support repectively!!! Will 5450 have advantage of
direct x11 than 4670????? What shuld i opt for as im low with cash brutally! Plz answer ppl save this gamer!
34 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4670 5450
  1. If you can, get a 5670, as long as you have a 300 watt PSU. Between the 4670 and 5450, I would get the 4670 since it's quite a bit better than the 5450, and the 5450 is too weak to take advantage of it's dx11 capabilities right now. That being said, the 5570 is the best of both worlds, with dx11 and the price of the 4670 at only $49.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874&cm_re=5570-_-14-102-874-_-Product
    Hope that helps ya ;)
  2. HD5450 is not a gaming card and a lot less powerful than a HD4670. The HD4770 is the best of the cards you listed although neither it or the HD4670 support dx11.
  3. will not my core i3 2100 with hd 4670 manage to play direct x 11???? Will this combo be great??? how much gb ddr3 ram shuld u propose as windows 7 (32bit) restricts ram?? Most games are 32bit right????
  4. The HD4670 does not support DX11 but all the games are backwards compatible with DX10 so no problem.
  5. First, adding a bunch of question marks doesn't make anyone answer faster.
    You might wanna pick up 2gb more ram, just make sure it's the same type as the stuff you have now. Like i said, the 4670 has no dx11 capabilities, for that, you need a 5xxx series card. A 5570 or 5670 are both good choices.
  6. The HD4770 is much faster than the HD4670 and the HD4670 is much faster than the HD5450. DX11 isn't a big deal yet and likely wont be until new consoles that support it are released so I wouldn't really worry about it. If you are on a tight budget just go for the best performing card you can afford.
  7. thanks guys!! It really helps coz i was actually making mistake of buying 5450! Instead ill opt for 4670 for budget! Just one last thing will 2+2 gb ddr3 ram be shown on my windows 7(32bit)?? Or if low on cash will 2gb ddr3(1+1) manage to work enough??? Ive heard it does nt support 4gb!plz clear this too buddies!!! Plz dont mind coz im a newbie to all this
  8. 2 x 2GB is max for a 32bit system, (Then you are ready for the move to 64bit)
  9. in short whats the best combo ram on windows 7 (32bit) with my hd 4670 card and core i3 2100???
    (2gb+2gb) 4gbddr3 or (1gb+1gb) 2gb ddr3 work smoothly for gaming??? coz im low on cash
  10. for rams kingston or trancedend ocz or any1 u personally prefer?????
  11. Go for the 4gb if you can afford it. In 32-bit Windows you wont be able to use all 4, it will show up as something between 3gb and 3.5gb but it is still worth it as you really should have over 2gb for gaming.
  12. thanks coz i wanted to go 2+2. Just wanted to know if it s was supported by 32bit
  13. jyjjy said:
    Go for the 4gb if you can afford it. In 32-bit Windows you wont be able to use all 4, it will show up as something between 3gb and 3.5gb but it is still worth it as you really should have over 2gb for gaming.

    Any ram brand u suggest???? Kingston or transcedend or ocz(heard this leaks on board) or anythin else??? Wuld barracuda saegate 500gb good??? Nething else u suggest??? This questions complete's my pc bro
  14. G-skill, Corsair, Kingston, Crucial all good ram. G-skill very popular these days.
  15. i owe to tom's forum big time but just wanna knw i one stuff if some one culd specify a gigabyte h61 board model name??????? Coz in my town 2100 core is new and only intel boards are there. I feel gigabyte h61 shuld be better but plz tell me some model names!
  16. rolli59 said:
    G-skill, Corsair, Kingston, Crucial all good ram. G-skill very popular these days.

    i owe to tom's forum big time but just wanna knw
    one stuff if some one culd specify a gigabyte h61
    board model name??????? Coz in my town 2100
    core is new and only intel boards are there. I feel
    gigabyte h61 shuld be better but plz tell me some
    model names of h61!
  17. trust me that was my last question....waiting for reply
  18. for a budget build, forget about dx11 get a 4870 off ebay for like 80 bucks or less... If you are a student with a .edu email address then microsoft will sell you win 7 pro for 60 dollars I believe, that how i got my copy, its a good deal
  19. jjb8675309 said:
    for a budget build, forget about dx11 get a 4870 off ebay for like 80 bucks or less... If you are a student with a .edu email address then microsoft will sell you win 7 pro for 60 dollars I believe, that how i got my copy, its a good deal

    Thanks a lot but culd u roughly tell how much dollars wuld this fit in?
  20. you'd be better off with the 4670. A 4870 requires an external connector, so you should stick with a 4670, 5570, or 5670. The 5670 is the best, and the 4670 is right below the 5570.
  21. hotdev said:
    Thanks a lot but culd u roughly tell how much dollars wuld this fit in?



    huh not following you here what are you talking about how much dollars with this fit in (what!?)
  22. striker410 said:
    you'd be better off with the 4670. A 4870 requires an external connector, so you should stick with a 4670, 5570, or 5670. The 5670 is the best, and the 4670 is right below the 5570.



    yeah I guess you are right, I didnt realize the OP was not going to be buying a reliable psu.... in that case like this dude said get a 4670 or 5670
  23. jjb8675309 said:
    huh not following you here what are you talking about how much dollars with this fit in (what!?)

    I mean what configurations u reccommended....how much wuld it roughly cost in dollars??
  24. Remember, you'll need a good PSU as jbb pointed out. This seasonic is about as good as it gets in the super cheap category: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151085 Remember, it doesn't have a PCI cable so you will still have to get a 5670. I would get this psu and a 5670, which comes out to about $110
  25. If your going to spend 50 bucks on a psu then you might as well get this:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

    it 64 with free shipping and it should run just about any single gpu out right now...

    in the end we have to know, what is your budget, and what is the resolution of your monitor, just based on the cpu that you will be getting id go with something along the lines of a gtx 460 or 5850, maybe even as high as a single gtx 560ti or 6950...
  26. 5770s are a great deal right now although I have seen them even cheaper then this one that ive linked and it will no doubt run on your upgraded psu, you of course can get much better performance out of a gtx 460 or better but it all depends on what you are trying to do, you basically get what you pay for but imo the 5770 is a good value for a new card... check this one out

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-873-_-Product
  27. thanks dude!!
  28. no problem, let us know which components you end up choosing, and what is your monitors resolution just out of curiosity?
  29. i dont know maybe acer 16''??? No idea wat resolution it has
  30. yeah well likely a 5770 will be all you need, probably would even get away with going with a 5670, you need to find out its resolution in order to properly purchase a video card, the higher the resolution, the more gpu performance you will need to achieve smooth game-play... you should look at the model number and look it up to be thorough but its up to you.
  31. 5770 is expensive for me could u tell me what cheap and good brand and inches lcd monitor wuld support hd 4670???? I really can afford this only coz i belong to chicago but reside in india....stuff out here is costly than our country
  32. hotdev said:
    5770 is expensive for me could u tell me what cheap and good brand and inches lcd monitor wuld support hd 4670???? I really can afford this only coz i belong to chicago but reside in india....stuff out here is costly than our country


    jjb8675309 said:
    yeah well likely a 5770 will be all you need, probably would even get away with going with a 5670, you need to find out its resolution in order to properly purchase a video card, the higher the resolution, the more gpu performance you will need to achieve smooth game-play... you should look at the model number and look it up to be thorough but its up to you.

    dont mind but i really wanna go with corei 2100 than amd...so can u suggest me full motherboard model names of h61 chipsets which wuld be good and cheap???? Asus p8h61 pro or gigabyte ga h61m-d2p-b3 or smthin else to combo radeon hd 4670???? Plz save me i cant afford much!
  33. A 4670 will be just fine. Go ahead and buy it, they are usually ~$50 here in the US. Any h61 mobo with a pci-e lane will work. Let us know how it works out!
  34. i found this, maybe you can buy this if you have the money.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871

    EDIT: forgot to mention. its faster than the 4670 and has dx11. from what ive seen this card will run games great (depends what your settings are)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics Product