DLL errors, can anyone explain and give me a solution?

I was recently running System Mechanic 5 on my Fujitsu Amilo laptop and
i think i inadvertently deleted some system files (why the software
lets me do this i have no idea), and I am now receiving this error "An
exception occurred while trying to run FLDCLNR.dll, WIZARD_RunDLL".
This happens every time i re-boot but while i am accessing different
folders in Windows Explorer my screen continually freezes and i have to
physically switch off the maching. Can anyone explain what is happening
and what on earth I can do to stop this occurring? Thanks to anyone who
can stop me going eventually mad with a fix for this!
7 answers Last reply
More about errors explain give solution

    On 3 Jul 2005 10:29:30 -0700, "john_9999" <heslij@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I was recently running System Mechanic 5 on my Fujitsu Amilo laptop and
    >i think i inadvertently deleted some system files (why the software
    >lets me do this i have no idea), and I am now receiving this error "An
    >exception occurred while trying to run FLDCLNR.dll, WIZARD_RunDLL".
    >This happens every time i re-boot but while i am accessing different
    >folders in Windows Explorer my screen continually freezes and i have to
    >physically switch off the maching. Can anyone explain what is happening
    >and what on earth I can do to stop this occurring? Thanks to anyone who
    >can stop me going eventually mad with a fix for this!

    Well, I am guessing the fix is obvious to u but how easily?

    Look at the recycle bin, it may still be there!

    Then go Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and see if u can "go
    back" in time.
    (As usuall, u folks don't give us all the important pertinent info, so
    I shall assume u are running XP)

    U *may* be able to use the EXPAND command and retrive the files from
    install CD but I've never done this myself.

    Copy the files from a second machine/buddy.

    Lots of choices really.

    ---------------
    If your business is looking for quick free consulting,
    please ignore my replies. I only wish to reply to other
    engineers/administrators and home users who are stuck
    and not interested to give your business free consulting.

    Thank you.

    Recycle Bin empty. I tried the Windows Restore option, didn't help. I
    even tried the "undo" option in System Mechanics but after running for
    almost 48 hours i had to switch the machine off before it melted (and I
    wasn't actually convinced it was really doing anything even tho it told
    me it was). I am running XP Home edition SP2. If I can get hold of the
    files, where do I put them?? I have not heard of the RESTORE command.
    Can I find anything to help on the Microsoft website?

    Thanks, I looked at msconfig and didn't see anything related to this
    dll, or indeed any dll (was i looking in the right place?). One odd
    thing though, when I looked at entried under WIN.INI the foloowing
    entries were there:
    for 16 bit app support
    fonts
    extensions
    mci extensions
    files
    mail
    MCI extensions
    annie

    Any idea what "annie" could be???? There are entries under this "annie"
    folder

    I have never been into msconfig on this laptop ever (in fact i do not
    even know what it is!)

    john_9999 wrote:
    > I was recently running System Mechanic 5 on my Fujitsu Amilo laptop
    > and i think i inadvertently deleted some system files (why the
    > software lets me do this i have no idea), and I am now receiving this
    > error "An exception occurred while trying to run FLDCLNR.dll,
    > WIZARD_RunDLL". This happens every time i re-boot but while i am
    > accessing different folders in Windows Explorer my screen continually
    > freezes and i have to physically switch off the maching. Can anyone
    > explain what is happening and what on earth I can do to stop this
    > occurring? Thanks to anyone who can stop me going eventually mad with
    > a fix for this!

    You can try to check XP for missing or corrupted *system* files. From a
    command prompt, type: sfc /scannow[enter]. Have the XP install CD
    handy.

    Neither of those dlls look like part of windows. Go to Run>msconfig and
    under the startup tab, uncheck the programs that look like they are
    associated with those dlls.
    Terry

    "john_9999" <heslij@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was recently running System Mechanic 5 on my Fujitsu Amilo laptop and
    > i think i inadvertently deleted some system files (why the software
    > lets me do this i have no idea), and I am now receiving this error "An
    > exception occurred while trying to run FLDCLNR.dll, WIZARD_RunDLL".
    > This happens every time i re-boot but while i am accessing different
    > folders in Windows Explorer my screen continually freezes and i have to
    > physically switch off the maching. Can anyone explain what is happening
    > and what on earth I can do to stop this occurring? Thanks to anyone who
    > can stop me going eventually mad with a fix for this!

    Under the startup tab you will see all (or most) programs that start with
    Windows. If any have a name that looks like it might relate to the dlls you
    mentioned, uncheck it and restart.

    > Thanks, I looked at msconfig and didn't see anything related to this
    > dll, or indeed any dll (was i looking in the right place?). One odd
    > thing though, when I looked at entried under WIN.INI the foloowing
    > entries were there:
    > for 16 bit app support
    > fonts
    > extensions
    > mci extensions
    > files
    > mail
    > MCI extensions
    > annie
    >
    > Any idea what "annie" could be???? There are entries under this "annie"
    > folder
    >
    > I have never been into msconfig on this laptop ever (in fact i do not
    > even know what it is!)
    >
    > I am running XP Home Edition sp2

    Was that fldrclnr.dll? Here is a link.
    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/F/fldrclnr.dll/6.00.2900.2180/download.html

    "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Under the startup tab you will see all (or most) programs that start with
    > Windows. If any have a name that looks like it might relate to the dlls
    > you mentioned, uncheck it and restart.
    > Terry
    >
    > "john_9999" <heslij@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks, I looked at msconfig and didn't see anything related to this
    >> dll, or indeed any dll (was i looking in the right place?). One odd
    >> thing though, when I looked at entried under WIN.INI the foloowing
    >> entries were there:
    >> for 16 bit app support
    >> fonts
    >> extensions
    >> mci extensions
    >> files
    >> mail
    >> MCI extensions
    >> annie
    >>
    >> Any idea what "annie" could be???? There are entries under this "annie"
    >> folder
    >>
    >> I have never been into msconfig on this laptop ever (in fact i do not
    >> even know what it is!)
    >>
    >> I am running XP Home Edition sp2

Laptops DLL