Sign in with
Your question

Should I update my bios? Motherboard M5A78L-M LX V2

Last response: in Motherboards
July 4, 2012 2:00:52 AM

Hello,
I bought a gaming pc from ebay and it runs everything great and im overall very pleased with it. However with some games, notably saints row the third and spec-ops, it reboots instantly when i try to load. I've been on forums and some people have been experiencing the same problem (apparently to do with the bulldozer chip) but i cant find a solution. I run a lot of games just fine with no problems; its only relevent to a handful.

I went to the site and found an update from 0601 version (date 30.11.2011) to 0902 (date 10.04.2012) and downloaded it a rom file.

Should i try and update my bios, I've heard too many warnings to try already and i dont want to mess about with re-installing amotherboard or whatever (I'm also broke). To be honest I am quite new to pc gaming and building/fixing pc's in general so would appreciate any help i can get especially as i would love to play those games.

Motherboard M5A78L-M LX V2
AMD BULLDOZER X4 FX-4100 AM3 4.0 GHZ CPU
AMD 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
1GB ATI RADEON HD 6870 HDMI
WINDOWS 64 BIT

I'm pretty sure this is an obvious problem that is common with this setup. Sorry if this is a stupid question but, hey, I'm learning and need your help. Many many thanks btw.
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2012 2:28:16 AM

worth a shot, just get a USB ready with the bios file, formatted FAT for saftey sake

reboot, flash, and if somthing is to happen, shut off and turn your PC back on, and it should recover off the USB, if it is in FAT format that is
!