ATI 4770 with new CPU

Dominaz1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
I´ve an ATI 4770, and a Pentium E 5700, but I´ve just ordered an i3 2100, will I see an increase in fps in games like Crysis 2??.

Thanks¡¡

you should definatley see an increase its just hard to say how much I would guess that the 4770 is along the lines of a 5670 which should have been fine on your old cpu so I guess next you might find yourself buying a new gpu to go with the i32100 which is a nice budget gaming chip..

overall for the money on a new motherboard and chip you would have been much better served by getting something along the lines of an am3 board with a phenom II 955 imo, you will be limited in games that require a healthy quad such as BFBC2...

That would depend on your resolution to some extent but i wouldnt expect anthing to much from a simple CPU upgrade like that.

Mactronix :)

An E5700 is already a pretty good match for a 4770. I assume you will see a bit of an increase, but honestly you would have been better off just overclocking the E5700 and spending that money on a newer GPU and CPU cooler.

Dominaz1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010

Yes I know, I used the E5700 in another Pc which cpu and motherboard were damaged (a storm fried my pc, modem, even the speakers....).
So I decided to update my rig...

I read the Tomshardare "Best Cpu for the money " guide, so I decided to go for the i3 2100... Although I´m concerned about it only having 2 cores.... (I´ve another post talking about this...)

TRENDING THREADS