Time auto update does not work

Selected auto update for time and date on my Samsung sgh-x427. Time still
gets off.

Is this something that cingular does not provide?
5 answers Last reply
More about time auto update work

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:20:21 GMT, "Marc" <f9fmcxspam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Selected auto update for time and date on my Samsung sgh-x427. Time still
    >gets off.
    >
    >Is this something that cingular does not provide?

    Not sure if it is phone or network specific, but my Motorola V220
    seems to keep accurate time, except for when day light savings
    time occurred. I had to cycle power on it to make the time
    change. (I know, I probably could have done it manually, but
    want things automated.)

    Ernie wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:20:21 GMT, "Marc" <f9fmcxspam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Selected auto update for time and date on my Samsung sgh-x427. Time still
    >>gets off.
    >>
    >>Is this something that cingular does not provide?
    >>

    > Not sure if it is phone or network specific, but my Motorola V220
    > seems to keep accurate time, except for when day light savings
    > time occurred. I had to cycle power on it to make the time
    > change. (I know, I probably could have done it manually, but
    > want things automated.)

    Sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do - the phone only
    auto-syncs it's clock during system registration - or so I've been told.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:43:59 -0700, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    > Ernie wrote:
    >> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:20:21 GMT, "Marc" <f9fmcxspam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Selected auto update for time and date on my Samsung sgh-x427. Time
    >>> still
    >>> gets off.
    >>>
    >>> Is this something that cingular does not provide?
    >>>

    >> Not sure if it is phone or network specific, but my Motorola V220
    >> seems to keep accurate time, except for when day light savings time
    >> occurred. I had to cycle power on it to make the time
    >> change. (I know, I probably could have done it manually, but
    >> want things automated.)
    >>

    > Sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do - the phone only
    > auto-syncs it's clock during system registration - or so I've been told.

    I can confirm that Cingular does provide the feature. I have a v551 and
    recently travelled to a different time zone and back. Phone changed time
    in both directions. I did turn it off on the plane though, so I don't know
    if that's what did it or if some phones just don't "talk" to Cingular very
    well. Have you tried cycling the power?

    --
    -Dean

    I don't think the Samsung X427 has that feature. I know the X426 does not.

    Marc wrote:
    > Selected auto update for time and date on my Samsung sgh-x427. Time still
    > gets off.
    >
    > Is this something that cingular does not provide?

    Either the network in your are isn't configured to provide time updates,
    or the time is set wrong on the network in your area.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Cingular Samsung Internet Service Providers