Sign in with
Your question

First gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2011 3:57:36 AM

First I would like to say Hello :D 

So, I'm a console gamer and I want to move on to pc gaming. Of course i'm still going to play on my consoles but I wanted to make a pc my primary source of gaming.

So I built a computer from cyber power which will run me about $1,350. Could this rig run... let's say crysis 1 on high settings? even battlefield bad company 2, or even gta 4? (I'm 100% certain it will run on my rig just not too sure how well they will run) Here are my specs.

-CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30 GHz

-Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)

-Cooling Fan: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

-Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 mATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X4 & 1 PCIe X1

-Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (ADATA Gaming Series with Heat Spreader

-Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

-Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

-Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Are there any adjustments I should make?

Thanks in advance :D 

More about : gaming

July 14, 2011 4:21:00 AM

Hello! Welcome to the forums. Yes this system will run the games you're interested in with flying colors but I have a few thoughts.

My concern is that you're using cyber power. I have heard way too many horror stories from people who have issues after they get their computer and have to spend a lot of money in order to ship it back to get fixed. Customer service is also supposed to be horrid.

However, I have heard of other people who have gotten computer who have had no issues at all. I guess I'm just trying to give you fair warning that there is some room for murphy's law to get involved.

In any case, it looks like you have a pretty good idea of what you want and the build looks solid. If I could make any suggestion it would be to build it yourself. You'll have control over the parts you select (esp when it comes to the randomly selected RAM and PSU you get), you'll save some money and know your system inside and out. Going back to the PSU, I would HIGHLY suggest going with a well known brand like Seagate, Antec, Corsair or XFX and I would be concerned with the quality of the PSU you might get randomly from cyber power. A crappy PSU could fry and potentially fry other components in your computer with it.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck!

-Steve

Edit: typos
m
l
July 19, 2011 7:00:30 PM

When I got my computer from Custom PC and Repairs, they went over every single part with me down to the model so i knew what i was getting. They also beat CP by like $100. Worth a shot. Also look at DigitalStorm and others like them
m
l
!