Regular headphones for GBA's??

Last response: in Video Games
February 2, 2005 1:48:08 PM

is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
are too big for my kids ears....

thx - Craig

More about : regular headphones gba

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:27:18 PM

I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
regular port for headphones.

Craig
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 9:58:11 PM

<crw59@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
> with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
> are too big for my kids ears....

AFAIK you can use any 3.5mm jack headphone set with it - I certainly do.

D.
February 2, 2005 10:00:01 PM

crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
> is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
> with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
> are too big for my kids ears....

Yes -- it's just a short cable with the appropriate connector on each end.

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)

crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
> I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
> usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
> regular port for headphones.

The original has a regular jack; the SP has the one you refer to.

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 6:29:18 AM

There are two ways to go with this. Some SP headphone kits contain a pair of
phones with the special "USB"-style plug at the end. Problem: if the
headphones are crummy, or break, you're stuck. The other solution is to buy
SP headphones with a separate, L-shaped adapter thingie. It plugs into the
port on the SP, and provides both a standard, headphone mini-plug jack and a
pass-through for the power adapter. Nice thing about this solution is that
you can play while using the power adapter, and also, you can use any
headphones you wish.

Take care,

Steve

On 2/2/05 1:40 PM, in article ctr9pv$9da$14@n4vu2.n4vu.com, "John Miller"
<me@privacy.net> wrote:

> crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
>> I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
>> usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
>> regular port for headphones.
>
> The original has a regular jack; the SP has the one you refer to.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:54:41 PM

I got a pack of accessories that included a car charger, case, and an
adapter that plugs into the GBA that allows use of 'normal' headphones
with a 3.5mm jack. If you are in the UK the new Argos catalogue shows a
kit with one. Expensive if you only want the adapter at £14.99 -
064/1043 p1433 of the Extra catalogue, or www.argos.co.uk, they should
be available from online store and game stores.

btw the sound is loads better using headphones.