Regular headphones for GBA's??

is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
are too big for my kids ears....

thx - Craig
6 answers Last reply
More about regular headphones

    I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
    usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
    regular port for headphones.

    Craig

    <crw59@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
    > with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
    > are too big for my kids ears....

    AFAIK you can use any 3.5mm jack headphone set with it - I certainly do.

    D.

    crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
    > is there an adaptor so regular walkman type headphones can be used
    > with GBA's? the button type style that came with the player
    > are too big for my kids ears....

    Yes -- it's just a short cable with the appropriate connector on each end.

    --
    John Miller
    email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)

    crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
    > I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
    > usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
    > regular port for headphones.

    The original has a regular jack; the SP has the one you refer to.

    --
    John Miller
    email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    There are two ways to go with this. Some SP headphone kits contain a pair of
    phones with the special "USB"-style plug at the end. Problem: if the
    headphones are crummy, or break, you're stuck. The other solution is to buy
    SP headphones with a separate, L-shaped adapter thingie. It plugs into the
    port on the SP, and provides both a standard, headphone mini-plug jack and a
    pass-through for the power adapter. Nice thing about this solution is that
    you can play while using the power adapter, and also, you can use any
    headphones you wish.

    Take care,

    Steve

    On 2/2/05 1:40 PM, in article ctr9pv$9da$14@n4vu2.n4vu.com, "John Miller"
    <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
    >> I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
    >> usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
    >> regular port for headphones.
    >
    > The original has a regular jack; the SP has the one you refer to.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I got a pack of accessories that included a car charger, case, and an
    adapter that plugs into the GBA that allows use of 'normal' headphones
    with a 3.5mm jack. If you are in the UK the new Argos catalogue shows a
    kit with one. Expensive if you only want the adapter at £14.99 -
    064/1043 p1433 of the Extra catalogue, or www.argos.co.uk, they should
    be available from online store and game stores.

    btw the sound is loads better using headphones.

    "John Miller" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    | crw59@earthlink.net wrote:
    | > I thought the GBA had some type of "usb" style jack rather than the
    | > usual headphone jack. I'll take a look to see if there is a
    | > regular port for headphones.
    |
    | The original has a regular jack; the SP has the one you refer to.
    |
    | --
    | John Miller
    | email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)

Console Gaming Games Headphones Gameboy Video Nintendo Video Games