jeffreymilner1

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
I recently purchased the 990 FX, along with an AMD 6-core processor and 16gb of DDR3 RAM. Taking these components and combining them with the original HDD, CD/DVD, GPU, and PSU resulted in the inability to boot windows 7. While booting, it makes it up to the Windows symbol, but then a blue screen appears for a split second and the computer reboots. I tried to use Windows repair and also tried restoring to an earlier point in time. Neither of these worked. I would list the error on the blue screen, but it is only present for a half a second. When I called up Asus, the technician basically had me switch the boot priority, and when that didn't work they just told me that the only solution to the problem is to format the HDD and reinstall Windows. I guess what I am wondering is if this is truly the only way to get my new set up working, or if Asus was just too lazy too actually walk me through a more complicated process that may have in fact gotten my system to work without having to lose all my data. Any information would be great.