• Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • Computer
  • Catalyst
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2011 3:06:17 AM

GPU: Sapphire R6850

My computer freezes when I try to open CCC, I have to hold power button to restart it. The drivers and CCC are updated to latest version. Everything is fine when I run Furmark, idle temp at 35c and full load temp at 63c. But as soon as I open CCC, it freezes. Thanks in advance.

More about : computer crashes opening catalyst control center

May 3, 2011 3:52:22 AM

Have you already tried older driver versions or just uninstalling/reinstalling the 11.4 driver?
m
l
May 3, 2011 4:00:30 AM

Yes it crashed on older version too, then I updated it and it still happened.
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 3, 2011 4:09:39 AM

updated windows? ccc requires some updates particularly .net
have you just upgraded from another ati card? use driversweeper to remove all old drivers.
m
l
May 3, 2011 4:16:53 AM

I check Windows update and it says everything is up to date. I had a R4650 before when I first built it 4 weeks ago, and when I switch to R6850 like 1 day after, everything was fine until now.
m
l
a c 177 U Graphics card
May 3, 2011 11:44:51 AM

yeah, so you need to get driversweeper and follow the instructions to use it properly to remove all the old drivers and settings from the old card.
m
l
May 9, 2011 4:53:06 PM

did it work?

because my 4850 keeps on crashing when starting up!

all the time BSOD!

i think it's because of catalyst controlcenter 2
m
l
May 10, 2011 8:08:01 AM

have u OC'ed the card at all? i got hd 6870 a couple of months ago, and i didn't know much about OC'ing. So i cranked up the shaders and core to its max, and considering my card has no voltage control, it crashed straight away. I didn't read my GPU manual so i did not know u could reset the clocks to default at windows start up so i had to remove my GPU and uninstall CCC.

Anyway the point is, i tried reintalling CCC, but my pc crashed again so i assume that it somehow remembered my OC even though i uninstalled it, perhaps there was some registry file i didn't remove. Maybe this is happening for you?
m
l
!