Flash carts?

What's the best flash cart to use with a Gamecube Gameboy Player? I see
some flash carts require a GBA (which I don't have). I'm looking for a
USB one (not parallel).

Most of the sites are confusing (broken Engrish). Also there are so
many items available.

TIA!
3 answers Last reply
More about flash carts

    I remember reading about a cartridge that the USB cable plugs into the
    cartridge instead of the Gameboy. I don't remember which one it was.
    Look here to see if you can find what I'm talking about. I have the
    XRom myself and it works great. But you need a Gameboy to install the
    games onto it.

    http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/gbaflash/main.php?p=reviews

    Kevin wrote:
    > I remember reading about a cartridge that the USB cable plugs into the
    > cartridge instead of the Gameboy. I don't remember which one it was.
    > Look here to see if you can find what I'm talking about. I have the
    > XRom myself and it works great. But you need a Gameboy to install the
    > games onto it.

    Excellent...I just ordered one of them myself to replace my old Visoly
    cart. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work in the Gameboy
    Player either...it has the link port, and I know you can start it in the
    multiboot mode needed by the flashing programs that work with the X-ROM.

    "Rod" <dont@email.me> wrote in message news:pDEMd.13941$607.667@fe07.lga...
    > What's the best flash cart to use with a Gamecube Gameboy Player? I see
    > some flash carts require a GBA (which I don't have). I'm looking for a
    > USB one (not parallel).
    >
    > Most of the sites are confusing (broken Engrish). Also there are so
    > many items available.
    >
    > TIA!

    Well, to try to give an answer for the "best flashcart" would be entirely
    subjective, but I can say that I've been very pleased with the "EZ2
    Powerstar". It comes with a USB linker, has excellent battery conservation
    (I haven't charged it in over six weeks, yet game saves are still present),
    has a nice GUI loader, PC software has worked very well, and the game save
    "backup partition" has worked without flaw (which is main reason that I
    don't worry too much about charging it).

    The "EZ2 Powerstar" has been working just fine on my GBA, DS, and GC GBA
    Player...

    Check out:

    Reviews of flashcarts:
    http://www.gbaflashguide.com/main.php?p=reviews

    I purchased the above cart through "Jandaman" after reading excellent
    feedback and reviews on "Reseller Ratings". I was, likewise, very pleased
    with their service.

    http://www.jandaman.com

    Cheers..
    -ES

Console Gaming Flash Gameboy Video Games