rod

What's the best flash cart to use with a Gamecube Gameboy Player? I see
some flash carts require a GBA (which I don't have). I'm looking for a
USB one (not parallel).

Most of the sites are confusing (broken Engrish). Also there are so
many items available.

TIA!

I remember reading about a cartridge that the USB cable plugs into the
cartridge instead of the Gameboy. I don't remember which one it was.
Look here to see if you can find what I'm talking about. I have the
XRom myself and it works great. But you need a Gameboy to install the
games onto it.

http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/gbaflash/main.php?p=reviews

Kevin wrote:
> I remember reading about a cartridge that the USB cable plugs into the
> cartridge instead of the Gameboy. I don't remember which one it was.
> Look here to see if you can find what I'm talking about. I have the
> XRom myself and it works great. But you need a Gameboy to install the
> games onto it.

Excellent...I just ordered one of them myself to replace my old Visoly
cart. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work in the Gameboy
Player either...it has the link port, and I know you can start it in the
multiboot mode needed by the flashing programs that work with the X-ROM.

"Rod" <dont@email.me> wrote in message news:pDEMd.13941$607.667@fe07.lga...
> What's the best flash cart to use with a Gamecube Gameboy Player? I see
> some flash carts require a GBA (which I don't have). I'm looking for a
> USB one (not parallel).
>
> Most of the sites are confusing (broken Engrish). Also there are so
> many items available.
>
> TIA!

Well, to try to give an answer for the "best flashcart" would be entirely
subjective, but I can say that I've been very pleased with the "EZ2
Powerstar". It comes with a USB linker, has excellent battery conservation
(I haven't charged it in over six weeks, yet game saves are still present),
has a nice GUI loader, PC software has worked very well, and the game save
"backup partition" has worked without flaw (which is main reason that I
don't worry too much about charging it).

The "EZ2 Powerstar" has been working just fine on my GBA, DS, and GC GBA
Player...

Check out:

Reviews of flashcarts:
http://www.gbaflashguide.com/main.php?p=reviews

I purchased the above cart through "Jandaman" after reading excellent
feedback and reviews on "Reseller Ratings". I was, likewise, very pleased
with their service.

http://www.jandaman.com

Cheers..
-ES