BIOS freeze with the Gigabyte X79-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello everyone, i have a big problem with my new pc

I bought the Gigabyte X79-UD3 motherboard and all seemed ok, but, when i press DEL and go to BIOS, i see the UEFI BIOS text up, but there's no text, and can't move the mouse, and the keyboard led is freeze too.

I tried to upgrade the BIOS and i have the same problem. (And i tried to change the pile/batter of cmos too)

Any help, please?

Thank you! :hello:

PS. These are my computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K, 3500 MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
RAM: Kingston HiperX 1866MHz DDR3 (4x4)
S.O.: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
PSU: 700W

PS2. If you need any photos i'll show you.

Solution
I don't understand what you don't understand??

In day you could [recover] a [bad BIOS] [booting off] the MOBO's OEM [CD/DVD]
MOBO = Motherboard ; OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (Gigabyte)

Assuming you did Clear the CMOS properly and you didn't if you failed to unplug your PSU, and it's not the RAM then lastly try a different GPU and unplug every peripheral: USB Headers, SATA, PCI/PCIe devices, USB devices off the I/O), heck I'd even unplug the Keyboard/Mouse.

If that all fails then MOBO = Bricked. RMA the MOBO to Gigabyte or whomever you purchased it.
Can u reset the BIOS again?
Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
[flash=480,270]http://www.youtube.com/v/rdHH9KrceR0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

I would agree to Clear CMOS first.

IF that fails then sure Photos are always very useful.

The ONLY way to update your BIOS is via Q-Flash! Other ways have a tendency to do more harm than good i.e. 'Brick' a MOBO.

G

It doesn't work, I press DEL and then it appears a message "Load CMOS default values and reboot", but it freezes there, so i restarted and tried to enter BIOS, here's a photo when i try to enter...
1-22.jpg

G

It doesn't work too :/, and I tried Q-Flash but it freezes too :(

You have a 'Dual BIOS' MOBO and unless IF both BIOS are corrupted you're SOL (bricked) and "Xpress BIOS Rescue" is supposed to work automatically to recover a corrupted/bad BIOS flash.

It's possible you have something else causing the freeze, try (1) stick of RAM and failure try a different stick of RAM.

In day you could recover a bad BIOS booting off the MOBO's OEM CD/DVD; so if it does then try booting with DVD. 9/10 it doesn't my UDR DVD doesn't and it's essentially the same recovery options.

Here's your options - http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/8/article_04_bios_explained.htm

G

I tried using 1 by 1 sticks of ram, but still the same freezing.

I don't understand when you said "booting of the MOBO'S OEM CD/DVD" (the motherboard dvd?)

I don't understand what you don't understand??

In day you could [recover] a [bad BIOS] [booting off] the MOBO's OEM [CD/DVD]
MOBO = Motherboard ; OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (Gigabyte)

Assuming you did Clear the CMOS properly and you didn't if you failed to unplug your PSU, and it's not the RAM then lastly try a different GPU and unplug every peripheral: USB Headers, SATA, PCI/PCIe devices, USB devices off the I/O), heck I'd even unplug the Keyboard/Mouse.

If that all fails then MOBO = Bricked. RMA the MOBO to Gigabyte or whomever you purchased it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.