Sign in with
Your question

Is this PSU any good?

Last response: in Components
October 11, 2011 1:20:48 PM

Is this any good theres one hell of a deal on it right now to where i can get it for $59.99 after rebate... It was origonal $179.99 so one hell of a deal.

COUGAR SX700 COUGAR-SX700 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : psu good

a b ) Power supply
October 11, 2011 1:27:19 PM

i wouldnt use a cougar psu in my system if you paid me to...lol. What is your budget, and what are you running in your system. We need this to be able to help you out and pick a quality psu
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 11, 2011 1:55:07 PM

I have never heard of cougar before. It looks decent I would read the reviews on it and go from there. I am using a kingwin 850 and I am sure someone on here would say o I wouldn't use that if you paid me but in reality they haven't used one so they are going to bash it. Good luck.
a b ) Power supply
October 11, 2011 2:19:58 PM

the decision is ultimately yours, but you have my recommendation. A bad psu can not only blow itself up, but your whole system if it shorts. toms has a recommended psu list on a sticky, as well as many others who would recommend only a handful of companies. On paper, for the price, it looks like the best deal out there. whether or not it will cause damage to your system, or perform how that piece of paper says is another story. Do your research, and read reviews. I would also learn where the company gets its materials from.
!