Which led monitor should i buy for my pc?

theunknown2001

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
I want to buy a new led monitor for my pc.
My specs are,
Intel core i5 with ati hd 6770

I an confused between the three brands e.g samsung, asus and dell. I think that asus is better. I have heard about the ips technology. What is ips? Should i buy a ips led or simple led? I searched and got two led monitors, asus ve278q and ml249h. Which one should i buy from them or should i buy led of any other brand.

IPS is for photo editing. You get greater color accuracy, wide viewing angles at a somewhat imperceptible decrease in speed and significant increase in price.

I buy a lot of the ASUS VH242H monitors linked above as the are cheap and perform well. Look at the feedback on the newegg site for why. If ya wanna step up to a 120 MHz monitor for better image quality and the option to play in 3D, you will have to invest another $20 for the ASUS VG236HE which is pretty stunning.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236104

hiok

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
ASUS VE278Q 27 inch LED Computer Display includes a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000,000:1 that make it amazing of all. 170°/160° viewing angles, a support for 16.7 million colors and a security system of standard Kensington security lock are some additional technical features whereas a wealth of ports like VGA , DVI-D , Display Port , HDMI, a LED Backlight, a brightness of 300cd/m² , a viewing angle of 170°/160° , a response time of 2ms, Stereo Speakers

ASUS VE278Q 27-Inch LED Monitor Best Price: $344.11

-----------------------------------------
The exclusive ring stand, alluring high glossy piano-black finish, ultra-slim profile and LED touch-sensor buttons, make the ML249H the centerpiece of every living space. The MVA panel, coupled with 1920x1080 Full HD resolution and 50,000,000:1 ultra high ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio delivers vivid, lifelike pictures at almost any viewing angle, while conserving energy and reducing electrical bill thanks to the LED backlight. And the Asus proprietary Splendid Video Intelligence technology optimizes overall display for the best results in image preview, movie playback and gaming.

ASUS ML249H 24-Inch LED Monitor Best Price: $199.00

I picked up a pair of the VH238H for work over the summer, they are LED and are quite nice, maybe a little oversaturated on the colors but it looks really impressive, the VE248Q appears to be a slightly larger version than it, likely just as nice and slightly more impressive due to the size.