Sign in with
Your question
Solved

NEED HELP STARTING COMPUTER!

Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2011 2:26:53 PM

My new computer doesnt boot. I put together the parts twice now and i seriously think there is no problem with any of the connections.

specs:
mobo: ASUS M4A87TD
gpu: 460gtx 1gb msi version
cpu: 1090t amd
ram: Patriot Memory Sector 5 G Series 8 GB
psu: coolermaster 650watt gx

hdd is connected to sata1 and dvd drive to sata 3, both the blue ram slots are taken by both ram cards,
cpu cooler is a screw on cooler and cpu has a good brand of thermal paste on it. The psu power is also connected
to the motherboard(also the 4pin connector), lastly my screen works as i am using a different pc on it as we speak and
the light on the motherboard is green.

problem: pc doesn't display anything when it boots, no sound or beep comes from the computer even though the cpu cooler
, dvd drive and harddrive all are booted

extra: the core unlocker has a red light when turned on, and the MemOK is flashing red if i press and hold the button

heeeeelp haaha i needed to assemble this pc for my company, very appreciated if you can help me out :p 

More about : starting computer

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2011 3:23:54 PM

Hi there, welcome to the forums.
First things first, follow this guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste... FOLLOW IT, Don't just skim it. Do the steps mentioned.

Tell us what it turns up.

Cheers!
July 25, 2011 10:59:21 PM

Best answer selected by teun3sixty.
m
l
July 25, 2011 11:01:03 PM

1 pin missing on cpu and one ram stick was faulty. I replaced a cpu pin from an old amd dual core onto the 1090t and it worked like a charm again. For anyone with the same issue, click the link provided by the good sir that posted above me :hello: 
m
l
!