I would like to build a new PC to become a HTPC in my media center
This is what I would need:
• Small, very small
• HDMI output
• Mainly stream videos from my server (Unraid Server) wirelessly using XBMC (or other software)
• Able to play light games (COD 1 and 2 for example) and a flight simulator for R/C airplane & Heli (Phoenix simulator)
• Other than few games and the sim, I won’t store too much data…hard drive doesn’t need to be big then
• I would like it to boot very fast: does that min a SDD is required?
• Able to play bluray discs with an internal drive or external drive if I really want to keep it small
• Not power angry
• Quiet of course
In order to keep it quiet, you will need SSD, no HDD noise and less heat = less fan.
Take a look at silverstone cases, they have ITX models, the cases have a good design and are well ventilated. If you are ok with microATX, wich is similar do a blu-ray player, take a look at www.moneual.com
Moneual offer cases for your build and also alredy built HTPCs, with remote control and Software pre-installed