Fan won't fit in case

I have two fans that came with my case (Antec Sonata Elite Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case) but one no longer fits with my new gtx 460 card (the smaller side fan). I mean it fits, but when I power it on I get the sound like something is touching the gpu fan because the smaller fan does actually touch a part of the card. I thought about just cutting the wires to this fan but that doesn't seem very smart/safe. Any suggestions as to what I might do? I guess I could unplug both fans but that seems a bit risky to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about case
  1. Buuntu said:
    I have two fans that came with my case (Antec Sonata Elite Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case) but one no longer fits with my new gtx 460 card (the smaller side fan). I mean it fits, but when I power it on I get the sound like something is touching the gpu fan because the smaller fan does actually touch a part of the card. I thought about just cutting the wires to this fan but that doesn't seem very smart/safe. Any suggestions as to what I might do? I guess I could unplug both fans but that seems a bit risky to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and I forgot to mention that both fans are connected which is why I can't just unplug one of them.
  2. You realy can cut and remove the problematic fan, and isolate the opened wires. It's not so dangerous. But it's better to find just another place for this fan. You may use it for example for HDD cooling, what will be great.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Fan Systems