  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 8, 2005 4:07:47 PM

I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're
enjoyable, but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of
those and get into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and
then have to stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of
game that's just a quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo
Keeper looks interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other
suggestions for the DS or GBA?

--
Email: extrarice at gmail dot com

More about : pick play games

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 7:36:25 PM

> I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're
> enjoyable, but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of
> those and get into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and
> then have to stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of
> game that's just a quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo
> Keeper looks interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other
> suggestions for the DS or GBA?

15 years later, Tetris is still near the top of my favorite games on the
go! Orignal or Worlds, but original is better.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 7:36:26 PM

On 2005-02-08 14:36:25 -0800, TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> said:

>> I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're
>> enjoyable, but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of
>> those and get into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and
>> then have to stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of
>> game that's just a quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo
>> Keeper looks interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other
>> suggestions for the DS or GBA?
>>

> 15 years later, Tetris is still near the top of my favorite games on
> the go! Orignal or Worlds, but original is better.

I did purchase Tetris Worlds, but returned it to the game store. I
can't see how someone could screw up the concept of Tetris so bad, but
the makers of that game did their best!

--
Email: extrarice at gmail dot com
February 9, 2005 2:36:02 AM

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> > I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're
> > enjoyable, but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of
> > those and get into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and
> > then have to stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of
> > game that's just a quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo
> > Keeper looks interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other
> > suggestions for the DS or GBA?
> >

> 15 years later, Tetris is still near the top of my favorite games on the
> go! Orignal or Worlds, but original is better.

Ohh yeahh...original tetris....still kicks ass after all these years :-)
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 5:26:09 AM

extrarice wrote:
> I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're enjoyable,
> but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of those and get
> into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and then have to
> stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of game that's just
> a quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo Keeper looks
> interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other suggestions
> for the DS or GBA?

Super Mario Kart? Or one of the F-Zero games?

--

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:56:42 PM

"extrarice" <none@yourbusiness.com> wrote in message
> I've got plenty of RPG or other involved story games. They're enjoyable,
> but on my lunch break at work I don't want to play one of those and get
> into the story, or mindlessly level up over and over, and then have to
> stop to get back to work. I'm looking for some kind of game that's just a
> quick pick-up-and-play game to pass the time. Zoo Keeper looks
> interesting, and I plan on picking that one up. Any other suggestions for
> the DS or GBA?

I keep nicking my son's copy of Sega Arcade (which thanks to Dekay, he had
no choice but to buy...)

The implementations of Afterburner and Space Harrier are utter dross, but
Outrun and Super Hang on are great fun for a quick blast.

D.
!