Some More Experienced Input Please

G

Okay, after many hours of questions, revisions, comparisons, etc., I have finally come up with what i think will be my best setup. Please check it out, and there's a couple things I want to point out before you see it.

-The 1000watt PSU is also for a little extra hardware, so please don't revise to the 800watt.
-All accessories (mouse/keyboard/audio/surge protector) are being bought separate
-I'm putting a 600gb HDD in it myself

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/loadconfig.asp (ticket # for my setup is 604748)

Feel free to revise anything and post the new ticket number, but I'm pretty sure that's close to perfect. (still debating on gtx580's, but would be a money issue)

Thanks to all in advance for your help, and if you've helped me before, i appreciate you helping again =)

Solution
here's the way id go.....lil cheaper for more imho

a....if your going P67 a sabertooth is the way to go......and they look killer w/that cover

b....get the dominators........wtf...17buck right???

c.....that lvl3 watercooling is NO deal......you hafta upgrade to the lvl 4 to get more cooling than an H60......130$ for no extra cooling(lvl 3).......no thanks

d.....asus 1155 intel mobo's use an Intel lan chip......waaaaaaay better than the realtek.....you dont need that ipremotion one

e.....i picked that case because that inverted mobo stuff really works.....having that 180mm air penitrator fan right under those 6950's really helps

anywho good luck

bTx

oh...the ticket.........604792...............................
Great system as-is!

Couple of things to think about:

1. Win 7 Pro (and Ultimate) will give you Virtual PC XP-Mode, in case you want to use older programs that will run on XP but not on Win 7. Win 7 Home Premium does not have this feature.

2. Consider an upgrade to i7-2600K

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
here's the way id go.....lil cheaper for more imho

a....if your going P67 a sabertooth is the way to go......and they look killer w/that cover

b....get the dominators........wtf...17buck right???

c.....that lvl3 watercooling is NO deal......you hafta upgrade to the lvl 4 to get more cooling than an H60......130$ for no extra cooling(lvl 3).......no thanks

d.....asus 1155 intel mobo's use an Intel lan chip......waaaaaaay better than the realtek.....you dont need that ipremotion one

e.....i picked that case because that inverted mobo stuff really works.....having that 180mm air penitrator fan right under those 6950's really helps

anywho good luck

bTx

oh...the ticket.........604792...............................

Solution
G

gone through a ton of stuff dealing with the i5 vs. the i7, i don't need the hyperthreading stuff. and i've been with win 7 prem. for 2 years now, and i think im good with it. i still run older games like real war: rogue states (kickass game) on xp compatibility, and once every 30min+ ill get a super tiny screen flash to black but almost not noticeable.

G

Well i agree with some parts of your setup but i need that specific mobo because of the 3rd PCIe spot

i did realized i had the wrong watercooling upgrade on there, it was the stage 4 sub-zero one, which is well worth it.

and i sort of like the raven case, but i enjoy the one i picked a little bit better for multiple small reasons. but that inverted mobo stuff is the ***. i noticed that =)

last but not least, i actually decided for the 8gb 2000 ram for a few small reasons again

i appreciate all your time for helping me, it helped me change my mind on a couple of things.