laptop doesn't turn on sometimes.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 4, 2005 1:47:30 PM

I have a very weird laptop that doesn't turn on all the time. It's a 4
year old NEC Versa sxi pentium III 700mhz, 256 sdram. 2 years ago the
laptop started to not turn on consistently. I press the power button
and I can hear the laptop running but the screen is blank. I would
have to disconnect the power and then replug it then I'll be able to
turn it on fine. I've been fine with this for awhile except now it's
getting worse. I would have to turn it on, then unplug and turn it on
several times before the laptop would run ok. Any suggestions will be
appreciated. I don't think it's a software issue because I've already
formatted the HD once and ran Norton utilities a few times. thanks.

More about : laptop turn

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 7:50:49 PM

<toothfixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a very weird laptop that doesn't turn on all the time. It's a 4
> year old NEC Versa sxi pentium III 700mhz, 256 sdram. 2 years ago the
> laptop started to not turn on consistently. I press the power button
> and I can hear the laptop running but the screen is blank. I would
> have to disconnect the power and then replug it then I'll be able to
> turn it on fine. I've been fine with this for awhile except now it's
> getting worse. I would have to turn it on, then unplug and turn it on
> several times before the laptop would run ok. Any suggestions will be
> appreciated. I don't think it's a software issue because I've already
> formatted the HD once and ran Norton utilities a few times. thanks.

Could it be that the display backlight doesn't come on, giving the
impression of a black screen? Try shining a light (like a decent torch) at
the screen once it should have booted up. You may be able to discern an
image.

Ian.
October 28, 2007 11:15:52 PM

If you have an external monitor, try hooking it up to the rear port and booting up. If it does, you may have an LCD issue.
!