Multi chanel memory tutorial request

mrux90

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
hello

anyone can suggest me article about ram memory on multi chanel mode ?
rather not Primary please!

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I'm not sure you even need a tutorial. Your motherboard manual should show you how to run your RAM in Dual Channel mode (or Tri/Quad channel - depending on motherboard).

In general, to get your board to work in dual channel you need a pair (two sticks) of RAM of the same frequency, CAS latency, and manufacturer. Next put one stick in Channel A (Sometimes labeled Channel 1) and the other stick into Channel B (or 2).

Really all there is to it. Your motherboard or CPU should auto-detect when the RAM is configured for dual channel and automatically enable it at POST.

mrux90

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
i need this article because i am writing a book about it and need more information about Concept of timing matching or other detail of dual or quad ram memory in multi channel mode

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
If you have access to EBSCO host or some other online resource like it you should try to research computer buses or dynamic random access memory. That should turn up a significant number of books and articles about signaling, timing, latencies, etc.

I'd find links for you now but it's 3AM here. If you still need links later today I'll try to find some for you.

TRENDING THREADS