Goodbye AMD, i knew you too long

scoobertdoo

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
ok, well. AMD has failed to provide anything of a challenge to the 1 year old 2600K.
they have failed in my book, and my 955BE will be the last amd i will ever buy.

would love to know when the 2700K will be out, i will build a 2600K system if the 2700 is not out by the end of the month.

i bet the stock price of AMD will be dropping now, sad really, i always cheer for the underdog, now i feel like such a sheeple. at least i am not buying a apple product.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
It was always high expectations for BullDozer to out-clock SandyBridge.

People just shouldn't have expected so much. It's still a good processor, of course it is, its on a similar level to the i5-2500k which is in everyone's book "outstanding". At least end users can now chose an AMD build with similar performance and price if they prefer it over Intel.

It's a shame that these processors weren't released at a similar time to SandyBridge, they might have stood a chance then :)

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I feel for all those who had been waiting out on Bulldozer to build. We had clues over the months that maybe it wasn't going to be 'all that', but now it's all there for you to read in the benches.

Parts manufacturer preferences and 'fanboy- ism' aside... this is a bad thing for system builders everywhere.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

From what I've heard the current benchmarks have all been tested on exactly the same bench set up rig. Dig a little deeper and check out some of the other sites reviews. I'm seeing more and more benchmark tests where FX 8150 is benching the same, and higher than i5/i7 when the motherboard is changed. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/315775-10-asus-crosshair-giving-biased-results-bulldozer

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Another big hit for FX 8150 it seems there. Different hardware seems to be bringing in very different results. Hopefully it wont take long to pin point where and why the differences are occurring. Although I have seen a few quotes floating around with AMD stating this was never meant to be an outstanding "gaming" processor so maybe this trend is to be expected.