All fan spins,motherboard led flashes, but no display ??

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Eafter i turn on the power,
the fans spins, and motherboard led flashes, but there is no display in the monitor,
and i just changed my power supply from coolermaster GX 750 to Cougar GX800 800W

this is my computer specifications :

i7 2600k
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
Corsair Dominator GT , i forgot the type but it is a 8GB kit (2x4GB) 2000Mhz (and i think the timings is very high)
Gigabyte 5970

anybody please help :pfff: :pfff:

Edit: i think the last psu blowed because i dont use any stabilizer , and the electricity in my town is not stable, * i live in Indonesia

anyway sorry if my english is not good,
thanks before. :D

Narses

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
so everything else seems to work except the display

so
try to populate a different pci-e slot on your card
try different power connector to your card
try different cable to your monitor
try different monitor
try different power cable to monitor
test another appliance in your monitor

try using a different card from somewhere and reset the bios or use the bios reset switch if you have one

addison

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Have you updated the latest drivers to the video card, if not it may have no display, go to a local hardware store and buy a new monitor that is at least 20 inch. Hook it up, if it works than the monitor hasn't had the new drivers to the card, also is it VGA, HDMI, or DVI?

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
@grody :
normally i build my pc in jakarta (indonesia's capital city) and i dont build it myself..
and i'm too afraid to do things so i think i just going take this pc to someone who can repair computers in jakarta, so thanks everyone :D