Post script

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody wrote:

> What does "post script" mean when referring to printers? Thanks in advance.
> nobody

Postscript is a computer language (or set of commands) that deals with
creating text and images.

Printers that that recognize postscript commands can print documents
that are formatted in postscript. They have a built in processor
that decodes the commands.

http://www.postscript.org/FAQs/language/FAQ.html

Here are some examples showing how to write the script.

http://www.science.uva.nl/~robbert/ps/bluebook/

Postscript is a printer language that is used in business. It is not as
important as it once was. It was mainly used to allow documents to be
printed across different printers and was developed by Adobe. It also
addressed Type I fonts also developed by Adobe.

nobody wrote:

>What does "post script" mean when referring to printers? Thanks in advance.
>nobody

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Postscript (I believe it is a single word) is a set of printer instructions
written by Adobe back in the early days of non-traditional printing. It has
little use in photo printing. I've never bothered to install Postscript on
the printer I've been using for the past 6 - 7 years.
If you do a lot with Adobe Illustrator or their desktop publishing
program you might want to use Postscript, but otherwise ignore it.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto