Sign in with
Your question

AMD... nope!

Last response: in CPUs
October 12, 2011 3:24:30 PM

I was really waiting for bulldozer to steal the show so i could upgrade but this confirms im going to have to move to intel.

So what Intel processor can i get for the same price of the x6 or phenom II x4 with better performance?

I was planning on getting a 990fx board and sticking with amd but bulldozer just doesnt really appeal to me.

More about : amd nope

October 12, 2011 3:36:32 PM

It's not that BD is bad.....It just simply hasn't lived up to all the earth-shattering hype put forth by the AMD fanatics.
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2011 4:20:34 PM

true...but not being bad, then it was absolutely pointless to release a non-competitive product to intel's i5. the i5 is $220 on newegg...and quite frankly, outperforms every AMD chip out there. Thats your best bet.
Related resources
October 12, 2011 4:40:28 PM

casualbuilder said:
true...but not being bad, then it was absolutely pointless to release a non-competitive product to intel's i5. the i5 is $220 on newegg...and quite frankly, outperforms every AMD chip out there. Thats your best bet.

Indeed, if the "flagship" BDs were priced the same as the 2500K they could at least compete at that price point. But nearly seventy USD more for a CPU that is out-performed by Intel's cheaper, mid-range products makes no sense at all.
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2011 5:19:40 PM

Yeah the pricing makes no sense. Launch price at $280, when I can pick up a 2500k for $180 at microcenter? Yeah I think I'm going to pass. I'm glad I went with Intel in the summer after bulldozer got another delay. I certainly don't regret having gone Intel and am eagerly awaiting their lg1366 successor. Just hope that will finally allow me to natively use 10 sata drives.
October 12, 2011 5:34:26 PM

Supermuncher85 said:
Yeah the pricing makes no sense. Launch price at $280, when I can pick up a 2500k for $180 at microcenter? Yeah I think I'm going to pass. I'm glad I went with Intel in the summer after bulldozer got another delay. I certainly don't regret having gone Intel and am eagerly awaiting their lg1366 successor. Just hope that will finally allow me to natively use 10 sata drives.

Indeed, I too am interested to see what LGA 2011 has in store.
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2011 5:39:00 PM

if i were them...id wait. i wouldnt release until spring next year. With this release, it has to be helping them. they will make a fortune on i5's since they are now cheaper than at least 2 of AMD's "flagship" cpus, and they perform much better if not the same. I think that the more time they buy with this new Ivy Bridge release, the better off they are at controlling their market. Intel has always only had to release new products to stay technologically ahead of AMD, they never worried about prices.

This was a gift wrapped with a bow handed straight to marketing agents at intel. Hey guys, we now have a cheaper processor than AMD that out performs it...wow.
!