Sign in with
Your question

China Trade Issues and PC Component Prices

Last response: in CPUs
October 12, 2011 4:36:22 PM

Community, I'd like to have a discussion regarding PC component prices and the current trade issues as of recently between the US and China.

Attached is a link:

With Bulldozers roll out and its performance compared to the i5-2500K, I am deciding when I should throw down around $800 dollars on a PC as there's an abundance of great games coming out: SWTOR, BF3, Dark Soul (PS3), among others.

Ivy Bridge sounds great with the supposed performance gains and I am looking forward to PCI-E 3.0 Mobos and GPUs. However, if things go south between the US and China I feel that I will be getting a lot less for my $800 down the road when these new components come out rather than if I build one close to now.

Also if someone could point to close major tech leaps in components that will be here within IB's release let me know.
October 12, 2011 4:54:26 PM

dcompart said:
Community, I'd like to have a discussion regarding PC component prices and the current trade issues as of recently between the US and China.

Attached is a link:

With Bulldozers roll out and its performance compared to the i5-2500K, I am deciding when I should throw down around $800 dollars on a PC as there's an abundance of great games coming out: SWTOR, BF3, Dark Soul (PS3), among others.

Ivy Bridge sounds great with the supposed performance gains and I am looking forward to PCI-E 3.0 Mobos and GPUs. However, if things go south between the US and China I feel that I will be getting a lot less for my $800 down the road when these new components come out rather than if I build one close to now.

Also if someone could point to close major tech leaps in components that will be here within IB's release let me know.

Chinese currency undervaluation is nothing new, and yes, I support the senate as well as World trade to bring China to a current status. It will provoke a certain hype in value for PC components for awhile but in the meantime we must realize that too few countries can rival China in terms of cost for the simple reason on undervalued currency for last what... 10 to 20 years now?
October 12, 2011 5:43:21 PM

sebastien said:
Chinese currency undervaluation is nothing new, and yes, I support the senate as well as World trade to bring China to a current status. It will provoke a certain hype in value for PC components for awhile but in the meantime we must realize that too few countries can rival China in terms of cost for the simple reason on undervalued currency for last what... 10 to 20 years now?

So should I buy PC components now while they're artificially cheap and available before a conflict that jacks prices up do to a trade war or unavailability?
!