HELP CHOOSE MOTHERBOARD

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I AM CONFUSED BETWEEN THOSE MOTHERBOARDS : ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE Z77 VS ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 AND I WILL MY
CPU FOR 4.8 TO 5GHZ USING H80 CORSAIR ( I7 3770K) , IWANT THE BEST FOR GAMING , KILLING OVERCLOCKING BOARD
AND SLI ,CROSSFIRE PERFORMANCE

there the same board under the sabertooth shell. they both have the same bios and the same parts..the sabertooth just has two small cooling fans..one that may get in the way of sli/crossfire and the amor itself going to limit you on the ram and heat sinks. (i have one it a nice board if your looking for an all black or black and another color) i would look online and see what board has the lowest defect rate. or if there are any bugs cropping up in ether board your looking at.

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
what is the best ram for overclocking between those G.skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 1.5v Dual Channel Memory Kit
or G.skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 CL9 1.65v Dual Channel Memory Kit
?

you want the 1.5v kit. intel says you can run there sb ram controller at 1.65 without killing the warranty. ib will let you run higher voltages and speed. there no real need with ram that has that small of a speed diff. your only going to see it when you do those diag speed test.