Just yesterday I bought all the parts and constructed my first homebuilt PC
The specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-6100
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte 990FXA UD3
GPU: Sapphire HD7770 GHZ Edition
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X (2x4GB) 1600MHz
HDD: Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB
SSD: OCZ Agility3 60GB

I spend all of yesterday building then installing all of the drivers and now today, just
out if the blue, when I rebooted (not for the first time) the computer none of my peripherals
worked. I tried them in all the USB slots and none of them work so it must be the USB ports that
are not working. I have no idea how to fix this. I thought it might be a problem in the BIOS but I
have no way of accessing it. I also cant reinstall windows because neither my keyboard or mouse work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Patrick

*EDIT* I solved the problem by clearing my CMOS
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 3:52:42 AM

Check your power supply. Make sure your 24pin cable is seated correctly on the motherboard.
m
l
July 6, 2012 4:02:23 AM

iknowhowtofixit said:
Check your power supply. Make sure your 24pin cable is seated correctly on the motherboard.

Thanks for your responce,
I checked the cable but the USB ports remain not working but thanks anyway
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 4:04:54 AM

Could be a bad mobo, unfortunately, it does happen. I would put a call into Gigabyte right away.
m
l
July 6, 2012 4:09:22 AM

iknowhowtofixit said:
Could be a bad mobo, unfortunately, it does happen. I would put a call into Gigabyte right away.

Would it really be that just because all the USB ports were working then after
a reboot none of them worked (including the front panel ones) it just seems
like an odd thing for them all to stop working like that.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 4:13:36 AM

There may be a bad trace or another issue on the mobo. The reboot may have just brought the problem out. You still may want to check the PSU with a multi-meter or PSU tester. I only say this due to how common it is for that to get missed in the diagnosis of failing hardware.
m
l
July 6, 2012 4:39:46 AM

iknowhowtofixit said:
There may be a bad trace or another issue on the mobo. The reboot may have just brought the problem out. You still may want to check the PSU with a multi-meter or PSU tester. I only say this due to how common it is for that to get missed in the diagnosis of failing hardware.

Unfortunately I have neither a multi-meter or a PSU tester so I cant check my PSU. However if I dont solve
the problem within a day or two I will definitely return the board.
Thanks for your help
m
l
!