Sign in with
Your question

(Motherboard) About QVL?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 6, 2012 4:18:17 AM

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how important is the Qualified Vendor's List when getting new RAM sticks.

I was aiming for an Asus M5A88-M Motherboard and Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gb (2x4gb) 1600 C9 RAM

The thing is that, I checked the QVL of that specific motherboard, and the RAM I want to buy doesn't appear on the list, which I find strange because Corsair is after all, a reliable brand.

I asked a question to the computer shop that sells these, and a sales man told me that the motherboard should work just fine with that memory and an Athlon CPU without causing any bottleneck.

My question is, Can I buy that motherboard and that memory and be sure that both will work?

More about : motherboard qvl

a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 8:28:59 AM

The memory QVL is a list of memory kits tested on that specific board.
Many memory kits won't be on the list, because they can't test them all & memory manufacturers release many new products to the market that motherboard manufacturers can't possibly keep up with testing all of it.
Asus M5A88-M + Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gb (2x4gb) 1600 C9 RAM should work just fine.
m
l
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
July 6, 2012 9:24:11 AM

also look on the ram vendor web page. the also have a list of mb that they tested there ram on. i know crucial and gskill have mb lists.
m
l
July 6, 2012 6:08:11 PM

bartholomew said:
The memory QVL is a list of memory kits tested on that specific board.
Many memory kits won't be on the list, because they can't test them all & memory manufacturers release many new products to the market that motherboard manufacturers can't possibly keep up with testing all of it.
Asus M5A88-M + Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gb (2x4gb) 1600 C9 RAM should work just fine.

Thanks man!
m
l
!