Sign in with
Your question

Asus Xonar D2X, driver/patch question

Last response: in Components
October 12, 2011 6:42:57 PM

so am about to install above soundcard - i'll dl and use the latest drivers (Jul 2011) from Asus but should I use their patch from 2008 or assume this has been rolled up in the latest driver I will be using:

PLX fireware update Ver 1.1
Description:
1.Fix Xonar D2X/ Xonar DX/ Xonar HDAV 1.3/ Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe channel swap or noise/latency during 192kHz 5.1/7.1 playback when used with certain motherboards (like Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3, Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6, etc.)
2.After installing, please reboot your system to get the patch take effect.

(from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Xo...)

possibly answered my question while posting - perhaps better to wait to see if i am affected by the problem in the patch description before worrying my head about this?

yay/nay

cheers
chaz
October 12, 2011 8:15:10 PM

I went with the latter suggestion - all working well (with many thanks! I used the ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers)

chaz
October 13, 2011 8:18:54 PM

one problem - my right surround (right rear) appears to have swapped with the subwoofer - cant seem to swap these buggers physically as all speakers plug into the sub (creative inspire t6100) hence I can not simply swap the speaker jacks around

any idea how i can map these 2 speakers to swap - cant seem to find anything of use in windows or driver software

cheers
October 13, 2011 8:32:21 PM

all fixed - swapped out black and amber jacks on the soundcard itself - soooweeet!

cheers
!