Please help me find a motherboard!

I am looking for a motherboard that uses the Intel Z77 Chipset, supports LGA 1155 socket, and supports Nvidia SLI. My budget is ~$200, but preferably below $175 if possible. I have been looking and looking but to no avail. I would be so thankful if someone found one that fits these parameters.
19 answers Last reply
More about please find motherboard
  1. ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
    Lots of good features,UEFI BIOS, 8 + 4 Power Phase Design for good OC, supports AMD Crossfire & NVidia SLI, Great looks, all for a fairly cheap price.
  2. With a budget of 175 you can afford a quality board such as Ass or Gigabyte. No need to stoop down to Asrock.
  3. Whats your CPU and GPU?

    That helps to determine what to get, not to go for overkill.
  4. nikorr said:
    Whats your CPU and GPU?

    That helps to determine what to get, not to go for overkill.



    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

    EDIT: I will more likely do a GTX 580 SLI (2 card) setup, because it is cheaper than a single 680(at least from ebay).
  5. If u get decent cooling like h100, u will be able to run 24/7 @ 4.6GHz .

    Great GPU as well.

    If u will run it hard, than $160 mobo is better, than $140.

    So far u got quality parts, so I add another one, that matches the level of performance.
  6. ASRock is fine but if u actually want legit SLI theres only one board with z77 that has x16 for both and thats http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131822
    p8z77 ws
    its 330$ but if ur gonna sli its the only one thats worth it otherwise just get the maximus v gene
  7. ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    HardOCP Gold Award, Wi-Fi GO! USB BIOS Flashback
    In stock.

    was: $199.99 -> $189.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820
  8. if u can buy a 680 than u can buy a descent mobo
  9. ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    Tom’s Hardware Approved Award

    $189.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295
  10. I would go for this one : )

    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Average Rating
    (193 reviews)
    Write a Review
    Smart Digi+,TUF w/5 yrs warranty,Thermal Armor
    In stock.

    $239.99

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821

  11. tatmmrk2 said:
    if u can buy a 680 than u can buy a descent mobo


    I'm actually not paying retail for 680. more like 350, compared to retail 500. eBay has great deals.
  12. tatmmrk2 said:
    ASRock is fine but if u actually want legit SLI theres only one board with z77 that has x16 for both and thats http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131822
    p8z77 ws
    its 330$ but if ur gonna sli its the only one thats worth it otherwise just get the maximus v gene


    How about this one?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

    The x16 bandwidth is shared between two lanes, but how do you think it is for the money?
  13. Its as good as the others, that Gigabyte.

    The difference between dual x16 and dual x8 is few frames, that's all.

    Mobos like that are great if u use 3 or 4 GPU's.
  14. abekl said:
    With a budget of 175 you can afford a quality board such as Ass or Gigabyte. No need to stoop down to Asrock.


    An ass quality board? LOL! But in all seriousness is Asrock an inferior brand? I have heard good things about them.

    EDIT: I kind of see what you mean from reviews. The build quality seems to be inconsistent.
  15. How about this MSI? It seems to have better gaming benchmarks compared to the Gigabyte. It's similar in price to the Gigabyte, but is it better?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130643&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA
  16. theres no way ur gettin a 680 under 450 id imagine on ebay i just lookd at the prices and they are 355 at 14hours left for bidding
  17. tatmmrk2 said:
    theres no way ur gettin a 680 under 450 id imagine on ebay i just lookd at the prices and they are 355 at 14hours left for bidding

    I know thats why I'm opting for dual 580 SLI setup.
  18. oh i see thatd be pretty legit.. i wonder if i should get 4 580sinstead of 2 680s what a conundrum but then again id have to buy 4 water blocks instead of 2 i wonder how much a 590 goes for
  19. FirePro V7900 vs FirePro V7800P
    interesting
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Chipsets Product