abhishekshetty1993

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
well i have stock 2gb ram of dynet;and i got a new new 2gb ram of hp;will these 2 rams of different company can create problem;if yes please tell which one is better ;
can i use 4gb of ram in 32 bit os "any kind of tweak"

depends on the ram and the ram speed. if both dimms are ddr2 800 speed. they should work fine as long as the timing is close.
(9-9-9-24) ie.. i would put one dimm in and use cpu-z to read the dimm. see what the voltage and speed is. also look under the spd tab for it rated speed.
power down the pc and swap the dimm for the hp one and re read the new dimm. if there the same speed you should be fine.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Could you please tell us what is the motherboard? Can it work with either set of RAM (speed wise). Is both sets of ram on the supported ram QVL list for that motherboard?

Generally though, mixing ram causes more problems than it is worth. So answer the above questions and decide from there. Stating that though, you will see NO difference going from the slower to the faster. You will get more benefit by installing the maximum amount of ram that the motherboard supports (2 GB, 4GB, 8GB?) but the manual for the motherboard will tell you that.

TRENDING THREADS