Should I just go and get X4 955 tomorrow? Need advice

xavilith

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I bought my 990FX board months ago (Asus crosshair V) and had waited quite some time for bulldozer to finally emerge. Reviews are a bit disappointing to say at least and shops in my country don't even know when there'll be any amd fx cpu's in stock :/

And I really don't feel like waiting anymore since I don't have a cpu and I'm not sure can I even POST with bull without the needed bios upgrades(?)

Ph2 X4 955BE is a nice cpu for its price and FX-4000 doesn't look like much of an upgrade. So should I save myself some time and trouble and just go get one tomorrow?

nagol567

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
well if you have a am3 board you cant even put a BD chip in unless you have a am3+ board. the fx 4000 should have more overclocking potential but it will be more expensive. I say either way you need to wait to see what the prices do on the 955. they could drop to $100 possibly since the fx4000 is going to be $120 just like the 955. I say wait for more benchmarks and price cuts then decide.

xavilith

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

I pointed out that I already own an am3+ mb but without new bios which may be required for bulldozer to work tho I'm not 100% sure.

Waiting is probably a better idea but it's frustrating and I doubt price will change noticeably :/

xavilith

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

No doubt about that but it has come to the point where I don't really care about price drop unless it's really huge. like gigantic.. considering I've saved up money to buy a 8150 but its price is not worth it for me x)

So basically I'd get the same for half the money. I just need a cpu for occasional gaming :eek:

TRENDING THREADS