My first ever build (with pics)!

guinness74

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I FINALLY overcame my fears and decided to build a PC myself. Surprisingly, it went pretty smoothly outside of having to re-install my OS to my SSD after failing to shift to AHCI from IDE (admittedly, still not sure what either does).

In any case, I posted some of my first pics and would love to get some feedback on how I did for my first go round. I was pretty proud of myself that I was even able to figure out things like a push/pull setup on my liquid cooling unit. What do the experts here think!

Also, now that I have this set up, any advice on what are the essential software programs or guides that I need to get? In particular, I would like to monitor my CPU and overall temps since I would like to take the next step and try my hand at overclocking. Thanks!

My Build:
CPU: Core i5 2500K
CPU Cooling: Antec Kuhler H2O 620
MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 (2 x 4GB)
PS: XFX XXX Edition 650W
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
HDD: Samsung F3 1TB 7200
Case: NZXT Phantom (Black)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Its just adding two fans to the radiator. One on the outside pushing air and one on the inside pulling air. It increases static pressure between the radiator fins to cool better.

Oh yeah and nice first build. It looks like you took time to manage your cables!!