Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sound gone skippity.

Last response: in Components
October 13, 2011 12:03:14 AM

Hello,all music being played on my pc skips at times, what is that indicative of?

More about : sound skippity

Hello,all music being played on my pc skips at times, what is that indicative of?
Score

Score
Related resources
October 13, 2011 12:31:54 AM

3 post on the forum about the same subject every time it posts it skips! On a serious note have you upgraded or reinstalled your drivers?
Score
October 13, 2011 1:52:18 AM

Thanks for noticing that I am a newby rolli59 and yes I have reinstalled and upgraded to new drivers. Is there anything else that I may have overlooked?
Score
October 13, 2011 1:55:31 AM

By the way welcome.
It is hard to tell but where you installing something new when it happened? That is any software or hardware changes just before it started.
Score
October 13, 2011 2:06:23 AM

Hey there rolli59. A couple of years ago I started noticing, after downloading songs from iTunes, that songs began to skip alot. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes thinking this would cure the problem, it didn't. Then I began to hear the skipping when ever I would play Pandora or playbacks on windows media player. I thought, this is real serious, thats when I reinstalled and upgraded my drivers but to no avail.
Score
October 13, 2011 3:25:16 AM

It's usually indicates more then one audio device in use.
In Win7 right click the volume icon
select Volume Control Options
Choose the preferred device and uncheck the others.
Have a good look in playback devices as well.
You only need one.
Score
October 13, 2011 3:57:13 AM

Hi davcon, I'm going to use the 'default recording device' and the speaker as the 'sound device' and listen to what happens. Thanks for your input and I will, get back to you on the outcome. Dorsey
Score
October 13, 2011 4:52:36 AM

This next topics has been merged by Jimmysmitty
  • Sound gone skippity.
  • Sound gone skippity.
    Score
    October 16, 2011 6:18:13 PM

davcon said:
    It's usually indicates more then one audio device in use.
    In Win7 right click the volume icon
    select Volume Control Options
    Choose the preferred device and uncheck the others.
    Have a good look in playback devices as well.
    You only need one.

Hi davcon, I did say I would get back to you, well so far your diagnosis seem to be correct. I did have several sound devices running at the same time so, I chose the preferred device unchecked the others and I have not heard any skipping. If anything does change, you'll be the first to know. Thanks bunches!
    Score

Best solution

October 17, 2011 4:47:14 AM

Dorsey said:
    Hi davcon, I did say I would get back to you, well so far your diagnosis seem to be correct. I did have several sound devices running at the same time so, I chose the preferred device unchecked the others and I have not heard any skipping. If anything does change, you'll be the first to know. Thanks bunches!

Glad to hear it worked!
    You could reward me with Best Answer if you think i helped you!
    October 17, 2011 5:11:38 AM

Best answer selected by Dorsey.
    Score
    October 17, 2011 5:11:43 AM

It's a done deal. (-:
    Score
    October 17, 2011 12:51:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
    Score
    !