Best h77 motherboard

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
U can definitely use this one -> ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

I just build PC with this mobo and I like the BIOS, its looks like this.

Works as expected @ 4.4GHz

ASRock%20Z77%20Extreme4%20BIOS%2001%20-%20Main_575px.png

For the mobo, I would recommend -> ... Latest Z77...
That is a good mobo choice for the CPU. It has good power design for OC.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0387554

Z77%20Extreme4(m).jpg

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
G

Nothing irritates me more than asking a question about something and getting an answer about something else. I came to this thread because I want to know the same thing. Who makes the best (most reliable and functional) H77 motherboard? The answer to this should not include "Z77" or "Z75." Alot of people think everybody wants to OC their system. To me OC means OverCooked aka Fried. It's fine an dandy for those with lots of money to "Burn" a system and I'm sure works great for those who have lots of experience with it. I DON'T, I DON'T want to. My system will still be fully functional in ten years while those that were OC'd will be in a dumpster. So, that being said, what is the best H77 mobo?
Intent: Pure Gaming!
Thanks to those who would reply with a knowledgeable answer.

daddyrey

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
So Mardoin and anish449, what did you guys end up going with? I too am in the midst of picking components out for micro atx board for gaming, but do not intend to OC. Saw the AsRock boards but am hesitant to go with them. My past builds have been with Asus and I'm interested in the p8h77. I'm looking to run two 8gB RAM sticks for a total of 16GBs, but I'm noticing that most manufacturers do not have verified compatible components for that combination. Welcome to all suggestions.

G

For some reason, I never got an email letting me know there was a response. So, this maybe late but... I chose the Asus P8H77-i board. It's a mini ITX board and fits inside a cube size box (Lian-Li PQ08.) I chose this one 1st for the fact it's ASUS, 2nd since it had all the features I needed and nothing extra that I didn't. I had thought of getting the ASRock board (mainly for the advance in the Lucid Logix feature) however, this technology is pretty much resting on the Lucid Logix software and can be used by any of the Newest boards. I do like ASRock's customer support btw--very good. My choice was limited by which ones were mini-ITX. And, that I didn't want extra bells & whistles I wouldn't even use. I asked myself, why have these big towers hogging all this space when every computer I've had, never had more than one hard drive, cd drive, & video card... seemed pointless. I now have a box that fits all that into a tiny space and fits on a shelf inside the tower compartment of my desk, giving me an extra shelf for software stoarage. Plenty powerful with a 550w psu, 16GB ram, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, 64 GB ssd cache using Intel Smart Response technology, blu-ray/dvd combo drive, sata3 500GB hdd, & GTX 670 gpu.
Don't be alarmed by the lack of tested memory on the QVL. I only bought a close match to the specifications on ASUS's QVL and they work fine. Stick with low density, be sure it has SPD (which I think most all use now), and is same speed as what board requires. Usually, you can ask seller to verify it will work with your board.

G

ASUS P8H77

G

I had an ASRock board.... it ran extremely well and the customer support team was awesome. I once trashed the BIOS (improperly updating it) they sent me a new up to date BIOS chip free of charge... the board wasn't even under warranty. I have yet to know anyone that has experience with ASRock boards with any serious complaints. But, nothing wrong with your suggestion of Gigabyte--also good boards along with ASUS (of course.) Problem is, now even some of the companies that were not considered "great" board makers are now making darn good boards... so.. the choices become many. I have one system running a socket 775 BioStar board.. it actually impressed me considering their past line up.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013

What CPU do you have ?

I have my BioStar board since 2006 and...still running !!

G

What CPU do you have ?

I'm running an i5 3470 as it is just as capable (within a few hundred MHz) of most the top i5's

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013

Thanks.
I also do not like to do OC. And I think that, at this point, there is a general paranoia ( in all forums ) about this issue. All the people want to do, and talk, is about: OC, SLI, or CrossFire ... And it's a pity that another important issues are not debated, such as energy consumption, for example. However, I respect the opinions of the majority, of course. And if the most part of the forum would rather talk about OC ... Ok !
About your CPU. Well, I'm thinking to replace my old Desktop, for something more actual. But I want something more efficient, at energy level. So, that's why I follow this topic, and I was curious to know what CPU you had chosen. In my case I intend to put an i5-3470T. However, curiously nobody uses this CPU ?! ( that's because the OC paranoia, I talk above ? )
Of course I like to play, but my old HD 2600 Pro GPU can not handle with the new games, so i want to install a new GPU, an HD 7750 1GB DDR5 ( which is a good GPU, do not need an extra power connection and is quite economical 55 W ). What's your opinion about this CPU and GPU ? Other suggestions ?
Thanks

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i got a p8h77 v

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i got a p8h77 v

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i got a p8h77 v

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i got a p8h77 v

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i got a p8h77 v

aqua_q

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013

How is it going with your p8h77-v anish449? Is that what you expected to be?

anish449

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

i would say i am satisfied, the build is stable(no overclocking), lucid virtu mvp is working great, i am able to play battlefield4 with ultra specs( using i5 3550 and hd7850).:)

after 4 yrs the mobo broke down.:(:)